Mercedes-Benz - Wakefield / Complete rip off with sale of a used Mercedes-Benz car
Used Mercedes Benz E240 purchased from MB Wakefield in March 2005, within 3 days the battery died (replaced under warranty) within 6 weeks the steering rack failed (replaced under warranty).
Car was supposed to have been prepared for sale to the highest standards as per MB UK, no way. The passenger door trim flapped in the wind, there were numerous paint marks that had not been touched, the car was supposed to have been valeted, far from it I found a drinks carton under the seat, and small amount of loose change, plus the car was generally dirty inside.
After some 5 months the head lining in the roof dropped, I was then informed by my local MB dealership that the reason for this was that the car had been fitted with a generic sunroof (unknown to me and not advised by the seller, I would how MB UK would view this), not a Mercedes product. Therefore, the local dealership could do nothing about it, they sent to me to an expert who also said he could not do anything with it.
MB Wakefield offered to part exchange the car back again but at 4,000 loss to me, however, the supposed swap/exchange never happened, they came up with various excuses.
I could write 10 pages and more about the lies and misrepresentations the staff MB Wakefield have made. But in the end I am lumbered with an inferior vehicle that I paid good hard earned money for, so that some large company car continue to rip off the small guy. I am totally and utterly disgusted with MB Wakefield and would like to pursue them further.
More Mercedes-Benz - Wakefield Complaints & Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz - Failed Heated Seat Causing Fire 
- Mercedes-benz South Africa - Repairs and servicing 
- Mercedes Benz Research & Development India Pvt Ltd. (MBRDI) - Wicked management, strict notice period 3 months 
- Mercedes Benz Of Tampa Bay - Discrimination based on race and sex!
- Mercedes-Benz - India - Frustrated and dejected customer service 
- Mercedes-Benz International - cla220 engine light
- Giza National Automotive (GNA) - Mercedes-Benz Egypt, Pyramids Heights Showroom - customer service complaint
- Mercedes-Benz International - repairs not being done because of lack of parts, or so they claim.
- Mercedes Benz - mercedes mechanics are fitters so never ever be without a maintenace plan ever
- Mercedes Benz of Vereeniging (New Vaal Motors) - engine light