Mepco Finance Corporation / Terrible customer service

1 111 North Canal Street Suite 375Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

Mepco's Customer service for extended vehicle warranty is the worst I've ever seen. There's never anyone in the office to call to make a payment, so when your payment is 1 day past due and you cant speak to anyone then they cancell it. I've had this problem with them from the very beginning and they also screwed up the mailing address the first couple of bills which ultimately resulted in my policy being cancelled 2x. They need to get better organized so this problem doesnt happen again. I'm not happy with their services. It's not right that I'm going through all this bull crap and I havent even had to use my warranty yet for my vehicle.

Va

Comments

Je
  10th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have yet to make my complaint, The first notice I have received
says "Final Notice". Underneath "final notice" shows expiration:
10/11/2008 the day I contacted them.
Again near the bottom of the page it reads: "Warranty offer expires on 10/11/2008

Over the phone I was told that $150.00 was the down payment
and I then would only pay $75.00 after that, no information was
given that the total amount would be $1500.00

I have hopes to stop payment and receive some of my money back
as I do not want this warranty.

Da
  15th of Nov, 2008

Failure to answer phones or allow cancellation of service or refund, basically a ripoff / scam.

Sk
  20th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Mepco doesn't want to own up on claims when it comes down to paying them. It's like pulling teeth. You pay your monthly payment and then they don't want to cover anything. They are a rip off. Unsatistified cutomer!!!

Ra
  10th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I also am not satisfied with mepco financial for my extended vehical warrenty payments. they are scaming thousands or millions of peoples hard earned money by not making payments to the auto extended warrenty companies who cancel your contract after 90 days and keep all your money.no refund no chance to make up payments even if it is there fault the payment was not made. they except payments after the contract is cancled. i am out over $2000. if they are a finance company how come they did not pay the extended warrenty company in full and after the loaner for payments not made in full. if you read the fine print in the contract you will see after 90 days they get to keep all your money? I made a payment thru vechile services inc. by credit card but they never made it to mepco. they want to cancel your contract so they can keep all your money.

Di
  16th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Mepco is such a rip off company. They fail to tell you that there is a probationary period which void your warranty. There is so many unmention things that voids your warranty such as oversized tires, personal oil changes, and any modifications. My vehicle broke down on day 60, Fidelis told me that it is not covered. This is a scam!!! Buyers beware of this extended warranty!

Du
  24th of Feb, 2010

You are all dumb. They are called Mepco FINANCE. That means they finance the warranty, they do not provide the warranty or have anything to do with paying you. The company you bought the warranty from are the ones scamming you. I worked for Mepco and saw how it worked. STOP BEING STUPID AND BUYING SERVICES FROM PEOPLE WHO RANDOMLY CALL YOU.

Tr
  11th of May, 2010

I made payments for 6 months and then my rear end in my vehicle went out and I called to make a claim...I got estimates for several dealerships and turned them in and then they turned around and said that they weren't going to cover it because we didn't have a rear end inspections done!! What kind of bull crap is this...this was not in my contract that I had to have a rear end check done. Who randomly has a rear end check done on their vehicle!!! They are scams and I warn anyone that tries to use them DON'T DO IT!!! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN AND WILL NOT RETURN ANY OF YOUR MONEY!! DO NOT USE STOP REPAIR BILLS.COM!!! SCAMS!!!

Em
  28th of Jul, 2010

I spent too much on my vehicle, so that's why i got an extended warranty so in case anything happen to my vehicle they would cover but it's not. So it's true it's a bull crap. I paid already $2, 795.00 for extended warranty. They said it's not covered. They don't provide warranty and they are a rip off. So it's true we hardly earned this money and later on this is scam.
That's not right ok let's fight for this.
from: myrla7260@verizon.net

Ca
  28th of Jul, 2010

I SAY TO ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE MEPCO FINANCE OR WARRANTY THEY ARE NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH THE REASON I SAY THIS IS MY HUSBAND HAD TAKEN OUT THE EXYENDED WARRANTY BUT NEVER USED IT. HE SOLD THE TRUCK HE HAD THE WARRANTY ON. WE CALLED THEM 2 TIMES AND WROTE 2 LETTERS TO INFORM THEM WE HAD SOLD THE TRUCK AND WE WERE CANCELLING AND WILL NOT BE MAKING ANY ADDITIONAL PAYMENT. WE PAID ABOUT $1, 700.00. WE SOLD THE TRUCK WE OWED ABOUT 4 MORE PAYMENTS BUT WE NO LONGER HAVE THE TRUCK. THEY CALL MY HOUSE ABOUT 5 TO 6 TIMES A DAY. AND SEND PAST DUE NOTICES THEY ARE THE MOST STUPID COMPANY I KNOW OF.

Mj
  2nd of Mar, 2011

MEPCO? WHAT A JOKE!!! I GOT THE ELITE EXTENDED WARRANTY AT THE PURCHASE OF MY CAR, WAITED ON MY FIRST PAYMENT FOR 3 MONTHS, COME TO FIND OUT "SOMEONE" AT MEPCO OR THE DEALERSHIP SCREWED UP MY SERVICE CONTRACT, SO AFTER STARTING A NEW ONE WHICH ADDED EXTRA MILES AND 3 MONTHS (DUE TO THE SCREW UP), I STARTED RECEIVING BILLS, AND FAITHFULLY PAID THEM ALL (IN FULL) FOR 12 MONTHS. NOW 4 MONTHS BEFORE THE EXPIRATION DATE OF THE CONTRACT, I NEED REPAIRS DONE FOR THE FIRST TIME UNDER WARRENTY (ALTERNATOR). CALLED MEPCO, AND THEY TELL ME THAT "THE FIRST CONTRACT THAT WAS DENIED WAS ACCEPTED AND THE SECOND CONTRACT WAS DENIED" MEANING... THE FIRST CONTRACT HAD EXPIRED TWO WEEKS AGO, AND THE SECOND CONTRACT WAS DENIED. ON THE 2ND CONTRACT I WOULD HAVE 4 MORE MONTHS... THEY ARE FULL OF IT!!! I HAVE 1ST CONTRACT DENIED PAPERS, AND THE 2ND CONTRACT ACCEPTANCE PAPERS -W- 1ST TO LAST PAYMENT RECEIPTS, OH!!! THEY SCREW HONEST HARD WORKING PEOPLE SOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!

Li
  5th of Apr, 2011

I only hope to receive some of the money back and stop the bille because I don't want this no more but after I read all complait I really DOUDT IT for all the people the thinking and buy the warranty please be very careful with this company MEPCO CORPORATION

Th
  2nd of Jun, 2011

Mepco Finance Corporation is an affiliate to Independent Bank Corporation. (www.mepco.com/pages/about) They provide payment plans for third party companies, NOT ITS SERVICES.
My suggestion to anybody who believe that they were ripped off by a certain company using Mepco for their payment plans is to write the name of the company, its address, and its phone number on this forum. If many different companies show up (at least 15-20), then I believe Mepco needs to be investigated; this could go as far as Independent Bank Corporation, and thus, another Enron.

Su
  24th of Oct, 2011

Here it is 2011 and I am also having trouble just contacting Medco. Paid full amount for warrenty, never used it and wanted my refund as promised. Obvioiusly after reading the above comments I have little to no chance of recovering my money.

Gc
  14th of Feb, 2012

I am continuing to have trouble logging in to MEPCO to pay my auto coverage bills to ROYAL WESCO. There is no payment by phone
availability with MEPCO. My USER name does not work, Nor does the use of my PASSWORD, over and over, for months, now. I would like to have a way to reach MEPCO by e-mail, even, for help in logging in or making payments by phone, using my credit card. I am very frustrated and
unhappy with this payment company. I wish Royal Wesco would change their payment method choice. This is not a decent billing corp. It is lacking accessibility to its customers. I understand clearly that MEPCO is NOT my extended warranty car insurance company. They are two separate entities. I am amazed how many complaints are made not understanding that Mepco is for bill paying, not auto coverage. It is sad that all these different on-line payment systems are confusing and misunderstood by so many users. Both Mepco and the Extended-car-coverage Insurance Companies should make that easily understood to all buyers and users
of these two systems. I know ROYAL WESCO/ NATIONAL AUTO SERVICES LL is impossible to locate. MEPCO won't help you with that, either. I know, I asked them for help. It was a dead end. So much for using the WEB for everything. Some things are better done face to face. That is still our choice. Maybe the old-fashioned way to do things, isn't all bad. I won't buy auto ins. on line ever again. I hope what I do buy, does not use MEPCO as their payment vehicle. Good luck to everyone on this debacle.

Ju
  11th of Apr, 2012

CDWS IS a FRAUD DO NOT MAKE ANY MORE PAYMENTS MEPCO, VEHICLE ASSURANCE ALL TOGETHER. BEEN OPERATING SINCE 2007 I THINK ILLEGALLY GOOGLE THEM