Menards / don't wait your money back, you will get a voucher

I purchased an air conditioner from menards ( soleus ghee 6000 btu unit) the energy tag stated usage of 50.00 a year .

I used it for a couple months which increased my electric usage by 80.00 a month .

So according to my receipt, and menards I had 90 days to return for full refund then after that period I would recieve a voucher.

So I returned it before the time expired and they refused to take it off my charge card, but only would give a store voucher, even tho your receipt says they will refund, Dont believe it.

I faxed thier corp office with a complaint, with no answer so my charge card agreed to remove it from my charge card, (capital one )which I am thankful . so if you have a problem with returning something check with your charge card co, an see if they will remove it off your card . Luckily I used capital one :)and got a full refund, I still have the voucher but menards can have it back, , I will never purchase anything as a large appliance there again.

Mu

Comments

• Li
      7th of Mar, 2011

this complaint is stupid its ppl like you that but ### use it for a month or two and then try to return a product that is perfectly fine, that once used can not be returned to the shelf and gets defected out and money is lost to the companey. I mean really now obviously if you buy an air conditioner your bill will go up depending on how much you use it. Its idots like you that make working in retail a living hell, oh and p.s any store you go to has the right to refuse a refund.