Memory-Of.com / My Son's memorial site

1 MD, United States Review updated:

This website sells memorial web pages for your loved ones that are deceased. They have had problems with their server for over 7 months now. Many of us have paid money to build these sites, only to have them not working at all. I have not been able to hear background music on my son's site for 6 months or more, and they will not let you address the problem in the forum section of the site, and it is quite frustrating. There seems to be no telephone number or address to file a complaint, and when you send an email, you get the same automatic generated response that they are fixing their server problems, etc, etc, etc, but still, nothing is done. I am heartbroken, after the countless hours and days after my son died, that I cannot just cancel with them because all of he tributes people wrote for the kast 3 YEARS will be lost forever. I wish somthing could be done about this.

Jo

Comments

• Ve
      9th of Aug, 2009

I have paid the "forever" fee of $99.00 twice now and many months of $4.95 fee and they "expired" my son's page. I have sent countless emails to them and get same reply that someone will contact me in 48 hours, so far it has been over a year.

• Me
      2nd of Jul, 2011

Background music, and other audio/visual issues that user are experiencing on the site are a result of legal copyright issues.
    Unfortunately, the music industry doesn't allow illegal distribution and streaming of copyright material on websites, and some artists and recording studios demand the removal of their material. Also, using Windows media player in Internet explorer will auotmaticaly block unlicensed audio files.

this has nothing to do with the site, and the solution is merely to upload uncopyrighted or licensed material.

23rd of Apr, 2012

Same thing has happened to me. I'm being debited the 4.95 a month for a memorial site that is inactive! Today is my son's birthday and it would have been nice to leave him messages ;( Same response for me too when I emailed them...NOTHING!

• Me
      20th of Aug, 2012

I cannot access my Mom's account either and they keep taking money out of my credit card and I want the site. I could not even wish Mom a happy birthday or mother's day and when I call no one answers...maybe we should go to the better business bureau ...we need to do something. We are already hurting and this only preys on people's sorrow. This is awful!

2nd of Aug, 2017

I agree!! My son's website has been up since 2009. I paid monthly for awhile and then a family member paid for 6 months. When that ran out two of my son's best friends paid the lifetime payment. This is the second time that I am aware of that it has been shut off for no apparent reason. You can never get a response from them and people are calling and asking me what happened to the website. It is so very frustrating!!

2nd of May, 2018

My son's site on memory of is gone. I paid a lifetime fee and all the love and tears and memories shared, all 13 years of it gone. Something needs to be done about this. We need to all with together. My email is rickbrendas@gmail.com . We need to all with together.

3rd of Sep, 2018
    Memory-Of.com - Lifetime website

The memorial site I made for my son is gone. I paid 100$ lifetime fee. All pictures, memorial posts, everything is gone. 13 years of memories on there. Something needs to be done. I'm devastated.