MCM / Unauthorized Charge

I got a call a couple of months ago about a debt I had from 8 years ago. Having this be the first time it's ever happened to me I began to make payments on it through my bank account with authorized dates to make those payments. When those dates expired I got a bill in the mail to write a check because the payment plan expired and to called and set up another plan. So I wrote the check and sent it out then the next day I got another letter saying they had taken it out of my account which was "authorized by you (me)". Which is totally false.. I did not authorize that! So now I'm in the hole because I've made double the payments this month as if times weren't as hard as they are right now. I've tried calling numerous numbers, but for some reason I can't call the numbers it says "This number can't be reached from Guam (Where I am now located)". I don't know what to do. Any kind of advice would be helpful please.

Do

Comments

• Fi
      12th of Mar, 2009

I had a debt with MCM that was 8yrs old. I never had a loan with MCM, they bought a card that was wrote off 7yrs ago. You have no contract with MCM to repay them. Do not send them a check, do not enter a payment plan with them. Send a certified letter to them and tell them you need a itemized debt verification. You need to know when, where and what was charged and by who. And then also send them a letter stating not to contact you anymore. What ever damage could be done to your credit is allready done.
    I could not get them off my back and even got into it with there manager Mark something.
    I filed a complaint with the FCC and the Better Bussiness Burreua and the BBB is the one that actually got me results. Send you complaint contesting the validity of the debt and the harrassment to the BBB regarding MCM which is based in San Diego. They will send you something back you have to fax to them. And 2 days after that I got a letter from MCM'S lawyer stating that my debt is resolved and they were sorry about how they treated me.

• Su
      15th of Mar, 2010

I believe somebody cheated you.MCM is a reputed company.haven't heard bout it before..get it investigated sir