McAfee / security fails plus rip off when you complain

United States Review updated:

I have had a McAfee computer security package for a couple of years. A couple of weeks ago my computer was subjected to a severe virus/torjan attack - which surprised and upset me because I had paid good money for security against such things. McAfee not only didn't protect me against the virus WHICH WIPED OUT MY WINDOWS APPLICATIONS but when I contacted them, they wanted $89.95 to remove gthe virus and restore my computer files! What kind of security is this and what kind of a company is McAfee?

Comments

• Po
      9th of Feb, 2010

Customer service and technical support is poor. The personnel are not knowledgable about the products or current issues. I have sent e-mails to technical support, customer service, corporate public relations (Francie Coulter), and their president (Dave Dewalt). No one has responded to their Site Advisor problem with the Google search engine. This company discourages telephone calls by charging a fee for "premium service." My current subscription to their service will end in a couple of months. I will choose another service provider that is customer friendly.

5th of Mar, 2010

Macafee continues to charge my credit card even though we have told them more than a year ago we no longer have that computer. They don't care. Saying they cannot issue refund if it has been longer than 6 months. Bull crap. This is a ripoff company.