Mayan Palace / Fraud

1 Mexico Review updated:

We also were scammed at the presentation of this timeshare....they would not take no for an answer....kept pressuring us I told them over & over we didn't want this timeshare they just brought manager after manager untill we signed then told us we were locked into the contract & we would loose our money we had put down.....I feel as tho they cheated us & lied to us....we talked to some other people that went to the presentation with the same results except they had no credit but they didn't want to pay what was promised if you attended the timeshare presentation...we thought we bought 4 weeks but we in fact did not....I did contact the mexican better business bureau...if you got the same treatment go to extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

Comments

• Ne
      12th of Nov, 2009

As a mayan sales manager once said, "If we were doing this in the U.S.A we would all be in jail.

• Ed
      6th of May, 2010

Hello Sandra,

Isn´t it exhausting having to deal with these kinds of situations? A similar situation happened to my husband and I, we were invited to a timeshare presentation and after 4 hours we decided not to buy. When we arrived home, we decided to investigate about it on the Internet and found hundreds of similar histories. Besides we found these interesting articles that I would like to share with the users of the forum, to avoid these situations.

• Ri
      10th of Jul, 2013

Mayan Palace timeshare sales tactics are hardcore and they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you into the contract and keep you in contract with them. The worst part is that dealing with Mayan Palace after the purchase of your timeshare can be a little frustrated. Especially because customer service won’t get you the answers you expect to get when it comes on how to use your timeshare or trying to Book your next vacations, lucky if you are able to do book anything. I recommend you to read this article on how most of the Mayan Palace timeshare scams are being committed and how to get out of them: