Maxway / Giving away merchandise

1 NC, United States Review updated:

The Maxway store in Whiteville is out of this world. I will never step foot back in there. The two ladies that was on duty today dont know anything, they are not doing their job, and they dont care about anything or anybody. They let someone else take my bag of items that I purchased from another store. Then they stated that there was not anything that they could do and that they were not responsible for lost or stolen goods. Both of them stood and looked at me like I was crazy. If they cant help keep your items up front then why should we have to leave them up there if they are not going to keep watch until we finish shopping?

Comments

• Na
      5th of Apr, 2010
    Maxway - exchange
    maxway
    Darlington
    South Carolina
    hisnhers@bellsouth.net

i bought 3dogwood trees in march so onmarch29, trees were planted 2 stsrting bearing, 1did not so i talked to a employee and she said bring itback so, idug it up, took the tree back.because i had no reciept.the manger would not exchange it.why would even keep reciept when i had no intenton of return the tree.

• De
      3rd of Dec, 2010

You need to have a receipt so that the store manager, can, in turn, get credit from the vendor for the defective item (in this case, the tree). I have been returning items for 10 years and yes, I save all my receipts for everything except for food. It's not hard to throw them away after the policy expires and I have yet to have a problem with a return at any store because I follow return policies and keep my receipts. Funny now I don't think that companies should have to pay for their customer's carelessness.