Mattress Warehouse / refund request

On March 21, 2011, we purchased a Belmont king mattress & box spring set from Mattress Warehouse in Mechanicsville, Va. with promise of delivery to that store by Friday, March 25. We received a call from the salesperson on March 24 saying there was a problem and delivery would be delayed until the following week.
I called the store on March 28 and was told the manager would get back with me. On March 30, I called the store and talked to the manager, Ed Katz, and was told that the salesperson was no longer with them and he would have to do some checking about the purchase. Over the next two weeks Mr. Katz assured me he was trying to get the product we had ordered. On April 11, I was informed that the product was at the Broad Street Store in Richmond, and we could pick it up there. At this point, I cancelled the order and requested a refund on my credit card. It's now May 5th and I have still not received the refund. I called the customer service department of the company this morning and was told that they had received the refund request on May 4th, and it would take a few days to process. A few days seems to be the mantra of this company. Maybe they should start telling customers it's going to take a few months with no guarantees of anything.

Comments

• Su
      May 09, 2011

I'm still going in circles with Mattress warehouse here in MD. I'm trying to have a sagging mattress replaced or refunded. It started sagging within 4 month of buying it. They are liars at the store...and they ignore your calls, messages, faxes and emails at the headquarters!!! The website to file a warranty claim does not even work!!! They do everything they can to not uphold the warranty. They were even trying to send me to Sealy for the warranty issue. It is not the customers responsibility to deal with the maker!! Mattress warehouse sold me the defective item...they should take care of the customer! My next step will be the Better Business Bureau. I will never buy from Mattress warehouse or buy a Sealy mattress!!! I'm checking reviews of all mattresses we try at the store before we even buy them!!! Good luck.

• Di
      Sep 01, 2011

I too am having a horrible time with Mattress Warehouse in Frederick Md.(April-til now 2011)
    Customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. Jennifer-Customer Service, had a security guard call me pretending to be a manager. His name is Dan Wells. Oh yes she did. Whenever I ask for someone in authority to call she totally ignores my reguest. I can't get past her. I would wait 3-4 days for someone to call back then call again. Now I am told I am the problem. All because I want someone to help me.
    This company has refused to help me, actually I should say Jennifer has not relayed my messages to a single person but Mr. Security Guard, Dan Wells. I have asked that John Ahrens the president call me. That has not happened. Today I told her since she has already used a security guard maybe it will be the custodian to call me pretending to be Mr. Ahrens. Stay far, far, far away from Mattress Warehouse.
    They have "NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL". Horrible company to deal with.
    Save yourself the headache.. I am now going to ask Channel 11's Jayne Miller, to help me. Good luck to all who are having a problem.

• Ro
      Nov 02, 2011

I have also had a similar experience as you concerning Mattress Warehouse. I am filming a short documentary about this companies corruption. If you are interested in telling your story contact me at [protected]@gmail.com. We will be filming sometime next week in the Frederick/Hagerstown, MD area.