Mathis Brothers / Mathis brothers attempts fraud
I bought a new office suite from the Mathis Brothers Store in Indio, on June 9th, 2008. They had 5 of the 7 pieces in stock, and promised the two remaining pieces by the end of the month. We got the 5 pieces home and upon unboxing them, discovered that 2 of them were damaged. We took the damaged goods back. June 25th, they call and say that 2 of the pieces are in, but they can no longer get the Main piece, (the desk), and they offer us the damaged desk that we returned, at a discount. I tell them NO, we want the NEW furniture that we paid for. July 3rd, they call, saying all pieces are in. When we get there, they try giving us the damaged desk that we returned, back to us. We refused it and they said that was the only one they had. We told them to cancel our entire order, and mysteriously they came up with a NEW, in-the- box desk. We Got it home, and when unboxed, discovered that it too had been dropped from a forklift, crushing a corner and breaking it off.
Mathis Brothers offered to have someone repair it. We refused. They told us they would order new, and put notes on the account, to insure only new, undamaged furniture would be delivered. July 10th. The truck got here and started to unload a "Used" unboxed Hutch. I told the driver we did not order that. He then stated to unload a "Used" unboxed desk. I could see cracks in the side, where it had been screwed into another piece of furniture. I told the driver that it was supposed to be New, In-the-Box furniture. He told me, they told him, to tell me it was new. I refused the delivery and called Mathis Brothers. They said that there were notes on my account to only deliver NEW, In-the-box furniture. They could not understand how used furniture was being delivered.
They now tell me that they will deliver "New" furniture, this time, and i should expect delivery by July 25th, almost 2 months after my original purchase. What do you want to bet, they deliver used, damaged furniture again, and try and pawn it off on me as "New"? Use "Extreme" Caution when dealing with this company, as they will attempt to charge you full, premium price, and deliver used, damaged, or Showroom Demo, furniture, and fraudulently pass it off as new.
More Mathis Brothers Complaints & Reviews
- Mathis Brothers Furniture - WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER 
- Mathis Brothers Furniture - Return Policy sucks 
- Mathis Brothers Furniture - Poor customer service - delivery 
- Mathis Brothers Furniture - bedroom furniture 
- Mathis Brothers Furniture - Stay away from them 
- Mathis Brothers Furniture - product sold/ falsely advertised
- Mathis Brothers Furniture - barrish sisal living room sofa, loveseat and chair set
- Mathis Brothers Furniture - poor customer service on repairs
- Mathis Brothers Furniture - franklin 5 pc dining 4 bar stools, tall bench 
- Mathis Brothers Furniture - delivery of furniture