Mate1.com / mate1.com online dating fraud

Mate1.com is the worst kind of fraud. I am a single guy, I own two international businesses and I am a savvy web professionals. I have tried several online dating services and Mate1.com is the most blatant dating fraud I've come across. The MINUTE I registered, I received emails from two attractive young women, stating: "I would like to correspond with you. Please check out my profile and let me know if you are interested." The interesting thing is I hadn't even filled out my profile or added a photo at that time, so they could hardly have been able to say they liked it.

I found this suspicious and did some research online. I discovered scores of detailed complaints and scam alerts. Mate1 apparently hires "online ambassadors" to write to new members, pretending they want to correspond. They entice you to join up and then -- of course -- you never hear from them again. Luckily, I only did the thee-day trial for $1.95 and then canceled after reading so many complaints online. Of course, right after I canceled my membership, I received another email from an attractive woman in Thailand with EXACTLY the same message: "I would like to correspond with you. Please check out my profile and let me know if you are interested."

Do NOT join this service. It is a rip off and a major scam. I hope Mate1 gets investigated by the authorities for fraud. And Fling.com is almost as bad. Many of the profiles on that site are fake.

If you want to try a good online dating service, use Match.com or OkCupid.com. Match is a pay service featuring real profiles; Cupid is free and great fun.

George
Tucson, AZ

Comments

• Cc
      27th of Dec, 2007
    Mate1.com - Credit card billing in error!
    California
    Phone: 916-768-2663
    www.Mate1.com

Charged my credit card without authorization - no phone number on website to call and will not respond to emails - place is a fraud and a ripoff.

• Be
      26th of Jan, 2008
    Mate1.com - False advertisement!
    Mate1.com
    Cleveland
    Texas
    Phone: 281-384-1792
    www.mate1.com

It was supposed to be a "three date trial" but instead i paid "100 dollars to some crap i did not want to"!

• Ca
      28th of May, 2008
    Mate1.com - scaming people
    www.mate1.com

i am complaining about a website called mate1.com i dont think it is right they advertise there site on google and other dating sites as free. 100 % free no credit card required. then when you join the site you gotta pay in order to check your mail. its ridiculouse its a scam just to suck people into joining there site. and if its not free they shouldnt say it is just to get people to come to there site

• Ti
      28th of May, 2008

Maybe you shouldn't be a horny ### :)

• Pa
      24th of Jun, 2008

• De
      9th of Jul, 2008

i just tried using a gift card its a visa debit gift card just wanting to know why i cant use it.

• Al
      9th of Nov, 2008
    Mate 1.com - i did not ok any auto renewals
    Mate 1.com
    Florida

I cancelled my membership but was still on this website. My wife was told by her friend that i was on this website, and she looked it up, and sure enough, my profile was still there. Caused a lot of problems. This sucks! Thanks Mate for not doing your job!!!

23rd of Nov, 2008

nobody tell me how many day lef in my count, and, when i pay.

23rd of Nov, 2008

you tell me now i need paid 100dollar to continue.

2nd of Dec, 2008

these 2 days (1 & 2 Dec 2008) why there are no pictures appeared as usual? difficulties in browsing the photo and how to get to know people on line. Please rectify it.

2nd of Dec, 2008

no pictures on all profiles in mate1.com

• Ph
      3rd of Dec, 2008

this company have taken money from my credit card without my authorisation i am contacting my solicitor to stop this disgraceful behaviour

4th of Dec, 2008
    Mate1.com - no pictures on all profiles
    Malaysia
    mate1.com

I made a complained few days ago and still encounter the same problem...please rectify the same soonest possible. Further, please take note that few of my friends here in Malaysia facing the same problem too. Due to this matter, we are unable to reply all correspondences as the picture of all the profiles, play an important role in this system. Thus, your immediate attention and action is highly appreciated. Thank you.

6th of Dec, 2008
    Mate1.com - no image on all profiles
    Malaysia
    mate1.com

Due to several complaints to your good office but regret to note that still no image on all member profiles and my own profile as at to date. Please do the necessary because its really defeat the purpose.

6th of Dec, 2008

no image/picture on all profiles and own profile and unable to browse them...stop half way... make me fed-up ... Happen 2 weeks ago and still not rectify by the company till todate..

7th of Dec, 2008

still no rectification on image of all profile in mate1.com

• Bo
      30th of Jan, 2009

"this company charged by card for 49.95 and I have never been on their site. no contact information. I am going to get my money back one way or another!!!"

did the same thing to me!

14th of Mar, 2009
    Mate1.com - harrassing men
    mate1.com website
    Iowa
    mate1.com

I have used this website for the 1st time and ment a guy that goes bye bigguywithaheart he has been sending me vaulgar e-mails to my home e-mail address and i would like him band from this website if possible if he's harrassing it make's me wonder how many other woman he's harrassing

• Di
      14th of Mar, 2009

It's okay. Thais same guy was doing me from behind the other night. he is a "big guy"! But he is a tad rough. Sorry if he rubbed you the wrong way.

• B4
      28th of Aug, 2017

@Digital Commando Did you want it from behind, and did you want it rough?

12th of Apr, 2009

George, please stop spewing these lies and plugging sites which have paid you for your testimonials. The stupidity of your post is astounding. Of course they couldn't get back to you if you canceled your membership. Don't blame Mate1 for your stupidity.

No dating site is perfect but you have to give it an honest shot. It just sounds like you are not ready for online dating.

Anyways, good luck with your endeavors.