Match.com / can't unsubscribe

1 west palm beach fl, United States Review updated:

I have been trying to unsubscribe from match.com almost the day after I subscribed to it. There isn't a place to unsubscribe and the websites they gave me to unsubscribe do not work. It should be illegal for people to be forced to remain on their website and they should not give false information about how to unsubscribe.

I have their name in my junk mail but I still receive mail every day. This complaint is on principle of freedom to not be intimidated by a website. HELP GET ME OFF!

Gf

Comments

18th of Feb, 2010

Correct--there is no way to unsubscribe from Match.com. I signed up for a 1-month trial in Sept 09 and they have been billing my charge card every since. They never told me I had to unsubscribe. They offered me a 1-month, 6-month or 12-month subscription. They are still billing me. I think we should take out a class action suit. I have read that even when you change your card number they follow you to the next charge card number and keep billing you. I think they also send fake Matches, and spam your box with them. I could not reach them by phone but was put on a "call back at another time--all representatives are busy".
    They told my bank I was supposed to unsubscribe--well they never told me that--and furthermore there was no way to reach them as all emails went unanswered, without even notification that the email was sent or received. Total FRAUD. MATCH.COM should change their name to THIEVES.COM. I would like to shut them down with a Class-Action suit.

22nd of Oct, 2017

@marie wright Seven years later is the same problem. "Unsubscribed" is a selection available, but it does NOT go anywhere I can actually do that, nor can I send a message about it.

• Fl
      17th of May, 2010

i have also been caught by this scam, my advice to anyone is to phone you bank and tell them to issue you a different credit/debit card and to block the old one..

• Sm
      28th of Oct, 2010

I agree.. I have had it with Match.com! Can't believe that they can get away with this! When I tried to cancel my subscription, I got to a page that stated the following:

"You have an active Match-Pass.

Your subscription is due to be renewed on November 4 2010.

Before you delete your profile you must first cancel the automatic renewal of your subscription via your "My subscription" tab above."

There is no way to cancel it from "My subscription" - Only upgrade!! Don't know what to do??

3rd of Dec, 2010

Same thing with me. I have been charged for at least 6 months after I cancelled, sent numerous emails, followed their instructions AT LEAST 10 times and still nothing. I am waiting for my new credit card to come through then I am cancelling my current card for good. This is [censor]! I'm a student and money is tight, I can't afford the hundreds of dollars they have charged me for nothing.

• Sm
      3rd of Dec, 2010

Try this number : 0800 3685858

• Ji
      21st of Feb, 2011

I hate Match.com. I've been caught in the system for years. My DAILY matches are often the same people. I feel as if I already know about 70 percent of the "matches" that I receive, some from as far as 300 or 400 miles away.

I would advice everyone to stay off this site and its "sister sites."

• Gr
      25th of Feb, 2011

I have just tried to delete my profile!! I couldn't find a corner as they said, yet in doing so i came across your comments . Fortunately i have not subscribed!!!
    It is i think a common trap we are led into !! the Government should be aware of these practices ??? yet they are allowed to continue, to let the public be deceived, no change they're!!! Any site that wants your card details NO, NO, NO !!! check with your bank first !!!

• La
      1st of Jan, 2013

Somebody help me! I honestly don't know how I got on match.com but I can't find a way to get off no matter what!

• Da
      1st of Oct, 2014

These people continue sending me smut, I have never been or will I be a "member.
    Of course their is no way to get off their spam list.
    I was tiring to think of ways to threaten them or the scrunts that send me the unsolicited crap.
    Maybe I will contact my congressman instead and he can make spam illegal.

28th of Nov, 2015

After being on this site and having paid to facilitate the services, this site ain't nothing but a ripoff and a scam and their services should be permanently barred for illegal practices and forcing potential customer to use this
    garbage of a service. With all the complaints and lawsuits against them, they should not be allowed to continue to operate under the disguise of a dating site. This site ain't what the elephant left on the fairground. A full scale investigation should be launched to ascertain if customers that have been made to use this service, to see if refunds
    can be given.

• Ga
      18th of Jul, 2016

They won't stop sending me emails either. I have sent emails, done a live chat, unsubscribed and still they won't stop. Something needs to be done about this. class action lawsuits?

There should be a no email registry like the no call registry.

• Li
      30th of Sep, 2016

I have reported them to the BBB because I unsubscribed and it didn't work and they charged me 3 times after. I went in after I noticed they were charging me still and noticed it wasn't unsubscribed. I unsubscribed again (as stated not the site). A couple weeks later I called wanting a refund of the 3 charges which was about 233.91 and they had no record of me unsubscribing in February nor September (the recent one). I had a screen shot for September. They only gave me a refund of a little over 20 bucks.

Not only that... I received an email when I first unsubscribed in February stating they couldn't renew because of my credit card information and on the button its states Renew My Subscription. Which would seem like the unsubscribing worked... it doesn't. They contacted my banking company and got the information for the credit card and continued charging for the three other times.

During the timeframe of February to September I received no emails other then the one asking me to renew. No possible matches or anything to seem like I still had an active account.

I would advise everyone to report them to the BBB. The companies actions need to be fixed so future users are not effected like us.

• Li
      30th of Sep, 2016

Just as an FYI if you are trying to unsubscribe... Call them! Don't trust the site to do it! It didn't work twice for me and now I have to depend on the BBB to fight my battle for justice. 1-800-926-2824 Make sure they give you an email or something showing it will no longer be renewed. You keep that forever!!..

22nd of Oct, 2017

The entire operation should be examined as a fraud! It all looks good for someone who you may want to apply, but it is just a source of getting a location to take money from you for what may begin as valid, but when you begin with it they never let you go. The entire subject reminds me of a relationship they claim may lead you to marriage, but no matter how bad a person it leads you to, no divorce is permitted.