Match.com / termination

1 46San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

First of all Match.com billed me for another year when I cancelled and had a return email verifying that I did. I have more than a few friends who were also resubscribed after they canceled too. Along with the poor quality of dating material, I received some very hostile email which I responded to. One woman had an anti-bush rant on her profile and I said I was pro-bush. She called me an "ignorant fuk" I reported here and I got terminated because she reported me... doesn't makes sense. I lost my remaining membership which I paid for and the hostile woman is still there. Trying to contact them is futile, they have nobody for customer service! I am outraged. We should get together a class action lawsuit.

Ma

Comments

20th of Oct, 2008

I totally agree with what you are saying, I cannot get a human being to contact me and I have cancelled the account and the account is in limbo. I cannot get this matter cleared up. Where you able to get any answers about your issue, please share I am at my wits end trying to get this matter resolved. If you want to move forward with a class action lawsuit, please count me in.

20th of Oct, 2008

Became a subscriber 10/14/08 at a cost of $39.99 on my bank account. (Okay, so I trusted them.) Exactly 48 hours later I was unable to log on. The message declared they had no record of my email address, even though they JUST emailed me my username and password.
    Sent repeated emails for 4 days - only received automated response to call their phone line.
    Called their phone line - recorded message told me to email them and then was disconnected.
    Contacted my bank - will cost $30 to stop further payments.
    Apparently we are not alone. This appears to be DELIBERATE and worthy of a class action suit with PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
    Feel free to contact me anyone. brochaz1@gmail.com
    Chaz

• Pr
      24th of Oct, 2008

Mar, I am sorry to let you note Match.com was right. Your act's been taken as provocatory and you CANNOT do that on communities and dating websites. I know it sounds weird but everyone is free to write whatever in their profiles and you cannot start flames or arguments because you dont agree with what other people say. If you want to do that, you should go on forums or boards where admin allows you to do that. Other than that, you would be banned everywhere.
    You have to think profiles are not standard webpage. They are a private place where you express what you feel and talk about yourself. It's like a room in a hotel: if people talk ### about bush in a hotel room and you hear them, you cannot enter and tell them your own opinion. You just move on to your own room. :-)
    That's why Match.com had you terminated.

• Na
      16th of Nov, 2010

I would like to cancel my subsciption. I have had the same matches (4) days in row. Obviously, if I ddn't like them the first time, I wouldn't like them the next.

• Na
      16th of Nov, 2010

I would like to cancel my subscription. I have had the same (4) matches in (4) days in a row. Obviously, if I didn't like them the first time, I wouldn't like them the next.