Match.com / fraud and scam

1 NC, United States Review updated:

When they say you can cancel your account, you're not really canceling, they inactivate your account and cancel the ability to renew. You can reach them easily and when you do they laugh at you. What kind of customer services is that. ALSO, they keep your credit card information on file and don't delete it.

Pc

Comments

18th of Feb, 2010

Not only does MATCH.com keep your credit card on file, but if you change your credit card number they follow you to the new number and keep on charging you. They billed my card after a 1-month trial without my permission and now I cannot get rid of them and will have to cancel my card, as changing the number is won't get rid of SNATCH.COM. They SNATCH your MONEY! And run. You cannot reach them by phone. I could not reach them until I started a charge-back with my bank, and then they hooked me up to a Bimbo who mostly said "what . . . what . . . what" over and over . . . BEWARE of MATCH.Com.

13th of Jul, 2010

I got scammed out of $1, 200 from a person listed on match.com. He's listed as ActionAble...says he's living in Boston, but truth, he's in Nigeria. Boy did I fall for it.

• Go
      18th of May, 2011

BIG SCAM!!! I was online about 1 hour when I noticed I was getting numerous "WINKS" Being new to this, I answered a couple of them and automatically was asked to switch over to Yahoo IM to talk. The first guy was quoting poems, romantic novels etc...boring... so I talked to the other one, same thing, he wanted me to switch to IM. We chatted about 15 mins. The next day I got online and guy #2 immediately IM'd me saying, "HELP, I need your help" When I asked what, he said I need $800 for my son. I told him to find some other sucker to scam. He told me he was going to "kill" me. I was angry at first then it frightened me so I told him I was a male police officer. I emailed Yahoo and sent them text from the IM. They told me to alert law enforcement and to CANCEL my match.com subscription. I called match and they said they would take my profile off immediately. When I went in to check the site, I found that they only "hid" my profile??? and they are not going to refund my money. This site is ridiculous with all of the scams and they are only concerned with $$$$, not the safety of their subscribers. DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$$ BEWARE LADIES... of men that always are from the US, but are working out of the country. Also, I noticed that when I read bios, some of them had the same statements/words!!! Not sure what's going on, but please protect yourself and be smart!