Match.com / poor ethics and morals
I joined Match.com and subscribed for 1 month. If Match.com was a reputable company, they would do the honorable thing and cancel a person's subscription after the one month period ends. This is not the case. Match.com does not cancel your subscription but continues to bill you month after month until you manually go into your account and cancel it yourself.
After being billed for a second month, I called up customer service and explained to them that I only signed up for 1 month and did not wish to be billed for another month. I continued to ask that my money from the second month be credited to my bank account. They told me that they have no way of keeping track of how long a person has been active for and it was in the terms of my contract before signing up. Therefore, they cannot refund my money for the second month.
Being the largest dating site in world, one would think Match.com has enough money to hire a computer programmer to write up some code that keeps track of this and sends out an email after 30 days (or however long a person signs up for) that contains a link that directs you to opting to cancel your subscription. It sounds to me like the technology is readily available, but it would be more profitable to the company if they keep this message hidden in the terms of the contract.
I am also looking in the Pros and Cons underneath the "Share Your Opinion" section. The 3rd con from the bottom reads "Cost to Much." It should be spelled "too." The sixth con reads "May Be A Bit Overhelming." Maybe if you payed a bit more attention to the details of your website, people would want to remain active members so you wouldn't have to come up with ways to scam them out of their money. It is overWhelming to me how the management of Match.com operate. It would be a great idea for them to take a class in ethics.
Match.com is run by a group of greedy and immoral people and highly recommend avoiding this website at all costs.
More Match.com Complaints & Reviews
- Wmv*match.com - unauthorized charges 
- Match.com - cannot stop emails from match.com 
- Match.com - unable to sign into my account 
- Match.com - blocking practices 
- Match.com - most paid male members are players 
- Match.com - termination of my account
- Match.com - is opening emails from match is costing me my relationship
- Match.com - cancelling the subscription 
- Match.com - I changed password on account for security and now I am blocked from account 
- Match.com - access to my account has been block by match while I am trying to set it up.