Match.com / unethical business practices

This website has significant issues including but not limited to; unauthorized sharing of secured information such as personal email address, unstable database &/or interface, poor or non-existent tech support, dishonest customer service, poor load times for pages, inconsistent views, dysfunctional features such as favorites, blocking other member, and visibility or invisibility of profile. Most insulting of all, they accept advertising and member fees, and offer absolutely no ability to acquire a refund. Don't waste money or time with this website.

Comments

• Cl
      29th of Jan, 2008

I agree! They have a total lack of customer service I used the email option and called in to no avail..in the meantime my membership expired and I never solved the problem (could not get winks) and I never received any credit for the time during my subscription that my page was not functioning.

I've sent mutliple messages, and now match automatically deletes my messages, I know because I setup an response to my email so I could see if they read the messages...no my suspicions were confirmed, they just automatically delte them.

• Za
      29th of Mar, 2008

Match.com terminated my account after I expressed wish not to be billed for the next session. Upon complaint they replied that the account was frozen for private reasons which they could not disclose unless I directed a valid subpoena to Match.com, LLC.

• Es
      9th of Jan, 2009

I totally agree!
    Very unethical business practices. They only want you're money, that's their only concern. You are not a concern at all.

If you want to be visible there's only ONE way, by paying the fee, so what's the use of that free registration?... that people exist... everybody knows that! just go out and look! or look in the internet in better places than match.com

It's not difficult to figure out they're a bunch of liars. And I read fully terms of service.

• In
      2nd of Apr, 2011

Email I sent to IAC's (corporation that owns Match) head of Corporate Communications and CEO Frankly I expect no response. However as a public corporation they do need to abide by certain ethical standards of conduct. I am happy to share the email not so much for its content but to say don't waste your time complaining to Match. greg.blatt@iac.com is whom your complaints should go. He is the CEO of IAC and was the CEO of Match until recently.

If I wanted to take the time I could directly contact several people on your Board of Directors having been in the business a long time. I recently had a highly troubling experience with Match CO where I was merely doing as a 30 day experiment to understand the model. I was stalked, violated by a man who left out of his bio that he is bi-sexual. Luckily my good sense prevailed and I am fine. The response I received from Match was unacceptable in every way and I am considering legal action unless I hear back from a senior corporate executive