Masterplans / SCAM!

1 United States

Masterplans "business plan" writing service is a SCAM! My business partner and I are literally exhausted after 2 months of fighting tirelessly with Masterplans to try to salvage something for the services that we paid $1265 dollars for! After receiving a half attempted business plan we took the document to a gentlemen at the SBA to review it and be sure it would stand up to the scrutiny of the bank lender. After review he discovered and described 21 major structural errors within the plan that are not only a must but are also considered standard in the most basic business plans. When we politely took these changes to masterplans to be corrected our planner was conveniently always away from her desk and eventually "out of the country". After a week of the excuses we were contacted by a second employee who said he would be taking over the project for us. He continued to argue with my partner and myself, defending the initial plan and refusing to extend our editing time even in light of the need to basically start over. In an attempt to move the process along my partner and I did all of the necessary research and rewrote the entire plans major components and corrected the incorrect financial calculations. We then emailed it to the new planner, asking him to simply format the text to fit the format recommended by the gentlemen at the SBA and maybe add a little beef to the core document. He proceeded to argue with us, act annoyed, and eventually hang up on us! I then called the supervisor complaining of our rude ridiculous treatment and asked him to refund our money. He then assured me that he would continue to fix the document to our satisfaction until it was up to the lenders standards, and would extend our editing time until it was accepted by us. Unfortunately 5 days later when I received the updated draft he had fixed only minor grammatical errors and still did not format the document to the simple format we were asking for. When I emailed him thanking him for his efforts and ask that he only finish the formatting correctly and we would accept it, he went off on me in an email and told me he washes his hands of our project and for me to no longer contact him and by the way "good luck at the bank"! I have never been treated so rudely or unprofessionally in my life. Not only are these business writers kids fresh out of school that have no idea what they are doing but they constantly argue with you and refuse to custom your plan the way you or your bank request it to be done. They not only ripped us off for over 1200 dollars but they also caused us much pain and anguish and delayed our start date by months. Please do not use this company and if they have already ripped you off PLEASE report them to the BBB. It is the only way to take a stand against scammers like Masterplans.

Am