Massage Envy / completely awful experience

United States Review updated:
Massage Envy
I called this Massage Envy nine (9) times over months requesting a female therapist. Had never been there. Never available because not one on staff. Finally hired a new one and became available, went to appointment but apparently 'bait and switch' as on arrival - not available only male therapist. Respectfully declined. In apology, I was given a coupon for a one hour massage for 'introductory price' of $39.00. Huh? - That's an offer they give everyone on first visit.

About a month later scheduled again. I was asked if I had ever been to another Massage Envy. I said I had about 350 miles away. Had massage which was just okay. At end went to pay - told $95.00. Double Huh?? I explained I have never been there before and had a coupon also. The confirmed owner (Johanna Logue) stated that since I had been to another Massage Envy four (4) months earlier, the coupon would not be honored, unless I joined right there and then. Yeah sure.

Johanna Logue in my opinion has the IQ of a turnip and the customer service skills of a bounty hunter. Her entire work history is centered in bank back offices - not with customers. I told her I'm paying the coupon rate and if she didn't like it she could call the cops. She stated that 'she was entering notation on the computer to 'blackball' me from going to any Massage Envy in the USA - ever.' Triple Huh??? My loss I guess. Completely awful experience, and a formula for business failure.

A  18th of May, 2009 by
That is a typical response... sorry to say!
A  7th of Dec, 2010 by
my ex girlfriend works at the altamonte springs location and said the same issues go on regularly with every client. Its a scam to get you frustrated in trying to cancel or get refund. No one will call you back ever. They say they cannot cancel when they can. They tell you they cancel then dont. Its the wait you out game so you will give up. They are franchised but sounds like a corporate game to me. She gave me so many stories especially one where the womans son died and they still did not refund the money. Its hard sell on contracts and they will tell you its easy to cancel but if you dont after 3 days you never will have any luck. they work on commision and they will be fired if they do no thit 15% attach rate. they get 850 and hour plus a tier bonus for 15% and so on according to their memberships. thats why its hard to get out once you sign it. thats why you dont get all the info up front. thats why you shouldnt give your credit card number as you will never be able to get out of the contract. if you move somewhere where there isnt a massage envy within a 25 mile radius you can opt out. and rates arent honored in other areas of the country of what you signed up in. plus if you miss your appointment and dont cancel youre charged. again your credit card will be charged.

Massage Envy Logo Massage Envy