Massage Envy — cannot get out of a contract
in 2008, my Wife went in for a massage and they talked her into the contract stating that she could cancel at any time.
In November 2008, she lost her job and money got tight so I went into the store in December 2008 and asked them to cancel my contract.
After giving me a hard time, they agreed to cancel and gave me a paper to sign.
This month, I saw a new charge from Massage Envy so I went into the store to ask them what was going on.
The lady at the front desk was very polite about this and told me that my contract had been put on hold instead of being canceled.
She went into the file cabinet and pulled out the paper that I had signed.
At the bottom, written in AFTER I had signed was the words "Three month hold".
Now, I would have NEVER agreed to this and I told her as much. She ageed to cancel me on the spot.
I then asked for a refund.
To make a long story short, not only did I NOT get my refund but the owner left me a message asking me to never come into the store again.
More Massage Envy Complaints & Reviews
- Massage Envy - misleading prices 
- Massage Envy - harassment 
- Massage Envy - account freeze / no refund cancellation 
- Massage Envy - asking for credit card over phone before services 
- Massage Envy - managerial corruption/sexual harassment 
- Massage Envy - injury 
- Massage Envy - fraud and scam 
- Massage Envy - no response when requesting service 
- Massage Envy - multiple credit card submissions/charges
- Massage Envy Shea Scottsdale AZ - online booking