Maruti / Vitesse - Swift Dzire / maruti swift dzire booking / delivery

1 India Review updated:

It is with great reluctance that I am taking the "seemingly drastic" step of writing an official complaint due to various problems I have faced in dealing with one of Maruti Suzuki's leading dealerships, Vitesse Ltd in Mumbai. I am requesting you to please take a few minutes to consider my issues.

I had booked a maruti swift in the month of February and was promised a vehicle before the end of financial year FY 07/08. Even though I paid my dues promptly, due to various reasons and delays I did not receive the vehicle in a timely manner.

In mid-march, the sales executive at Vitesse (Vitesse worli branch) mentioned about the launch of Swift Dzire. I sent a written request to the management at the dealership if I could upgrade to DZire. After much (needless) haggling and negotiating, I was allowed to upgrade and was told that since most of the amount owed by me has already been paid, I am on top of the allotment list and will receive the new vehicle within a week or 2. I have even paid the money towards the price differential.

After repeatedly following up with the sales exec, I kept getting promises and reassurances... 5 days, 10 days and so on. Finally, the sales executive called me 2 days ago and back-tracked on his word, and everything that he had committed to me. He put the whole blame squarely on Maruti and said that Vitesse cannot commit to any delivery schedule anymore even though I am 1st on the allotment list!! He even went to the extent of asking me to CANCEL the booking !?!

I am really at loss of words. In this day and age of consumerism and competitiveness; should a service provider actually do this? Should they treat the customer like this?? I tried reasoning with him and he kept passing the the blame to Maruti Suzuki. I tried escalating the matter at Vitesse but to no avail.

Lastly, in the last 20 years I have had a positive experience with Maruti cars and I am totally convinced that Maruti is still a "customer focused and customer driven" organization. I refused to cancel my vehicle booking and I refuse to let Vitesse get off the hook for their unprofessionalism and uncaring attitude.

Please help me in resolving these issues, and having Vitesse do what they're supposed to be doing

Comments

• Ra
      21st of Apr, 2008

hi, you are not alone.Look at this link there are many us went through this

• Sg
      28th of Apr, 2008

Booked Dzire ZDI at Vitesse Andheri (W) 28th MArch 08, with 4 weeks waiting period, which is over. No further updates available because of so called delays at Maruti Suzuki's end. I had called and emailed Maruti Customer Care - No revert with solution, but received response that they have forwarded my complaint to relevant department.

Fail to understand the callous attitude of Maruti Suzuki about washing its hand off from Dealers commitment and neither offering a transparent system of booking or genuine delivery schedule.

We the consumers are going for Maruti for the shear Value and Quality of Suzuki cars in India, we understand that demand is more than supply in case of Maruti Suzuki products. The least they could have done was make the waiting easier by providing timely updates and information about realistic delivery waiting time .

29th of Apr, 2008

Looks like we are all sailing in the same boat with false hope and being manipulated . Does any one have a written confirmation from dealer, which i am afraid not . So only thing i can think of now is Back off from buying this car and save your face in front of Family and Friends :-)

Buy a different Car and Be Happy !!!

Ps: This is not a case of grapes gone sour, its time for action, dammit its just another car after all .

• Na
      30th of Apr, 2008

I feel the same. more than dealers I find the Maruti-suzuki is the culprit. when the orders are placed in the dealership of some company the company is responsible for the order as deaer is the face of the company.

I have read in many coustemers complaint that they are the first ot book or within the 1 week of the vehicle launch. if the company had flooded with the vehicle @ the time of launch where are the vehicles I can see hardly any vehicles on road. forget it onroad it is not even found on the dealer lot.
    what does this mean Maruti-suzuki is going to increase the price and then make the delivary.

When they are going to do this why can they set a curt of date for the perticular price or stop taking the bookings.

This is a daytime robbary what company is doing. The are going to take lot of bookings showing the consumer the lesser price and deliver the vehicle with the Increased price.

When maruti give the information about the price hikes to the Media why can they instruct he dealer to take the orders with the incresed price as they are not going to deliver the vehicle in 3 to 4 months?

• Ha
      2nd of May, 2008

I am not sure but this is what I had heard from one of the dealer, Maruti was holding back on the delivery Dzire as they was going to be increase in the cost of the vehicle sometimes in May.

• Su
      6th of May, 2008

maruti is junk company.
    no standards no business ethics only cheating

7th of Jun, 2008

hi all
    just leave maruti people to drive there own dzire,

book fait linea ( coming to india in the month of august) far more better
    then maruti dzire.

7th of Jun, 2008

sorry correcti fiat linea..

14th of Jun, 2008

offcouse i am waiting for this amazing car fiat linea.
    if it is realease in indian market who cares for junk dzire.