Mango Airlines (FlyMango) / check-in closed early - now I forfeit ticket?

1 Johannesburg, South Africa

I was due to fly (booking reference: PCRHVV) on Friday 2016/11/18 at 19:40 on Mango Flight JE267 from OR Tambo International to King Shaka International and upon arriving at the kiosk at 19:00 to check-in I was told that check-in had "closed early" and that the flight was already “finalised”.

The kiosk staff told this to me jubilantly, as if it was the funniest thing in the world.

To add insult to injury, a fellow traveler from Gaborone Botswana was delayed and also failed to check-in “on-time”.

After a sluggish response and attempt at feigned assistance, we were both told that we could opt to move the flight and just pay in the difference in ticket price from old flight to new flight date. We could do this as he had “noted on the system that we did arrive at the check-in counter” and this would allow us to move the booking.

When I called Customer Care (on [protected]) – I was promptly told by the Call Centre Agent that I “should have read the Terms & Conditions” and that I have forfeited the entire ticket amount.

So now I am left with the question of who was telling the truth; the kiosk staff or the Call Centre Agent?

Please can I be assisted to determine what the facts of the matter are; what time check-in for Mango Flight JE267 close on 2016/11/18, secondly, what time was the flight finalised?

It would also be prudent to find out if the kiosk staffer who helped us (a male staffer) was being truthful when he told us we could change the date of the ticket.

By