Mango Airlines / refuse boarding

1 South Africa Review updated:

I booked flights for the first time for my mum and neice. Mango refused them to board the plane because my neice did not have her birth certificate. No one told me i need to get them to carry identity documents. All the booking consultant told me was that i need to fax my ID and Edgars card to them which they need to take to the airport. They asked my mum at 08h00 to go to the police station and get an affidavit which she did. She comes back with it and is told she still cannot get on the plane.
Mango informed me my money is forfeited and did not even assist me to get them on later flight. Disgusting. First time and last time i will ever consider Mango and definately wont recommend them to anyone!!!

Comments

• Tr
      5th of Aug, 2011

I booked a flight with Mango 2 days ago
    I arrived at the check-in counters 25 minutes before departure and i was refused my boarding pass because apparently check-in was closed. When i mentioned the time and said that there was plenty of time before the plane even left i was told that this flight didnt have much passengers therefore they closed early and couldnt wait for anyone else. Since when does a passenger not have a say because there were few passengers onboard?
    Whether there's one one or 10 passengers that's boarding a flight, we all have an equal right to get on that plane because we all paid.
    There were 4 passengers left behind that day because some staff members wanted to leave early and ofcourse we were told that nothing could be done and that we lost our money because "we should learn from our mistake and not be late" even though we weren't really late. While i agree that 40 minutes before departure is the check-in time, we cannot control traffic and road works and not everyone has time to waste, sitting in an airport 2 hours before your flight. Some of us have things to do. The people at the boarding gates were willing to let people go through if you had your boarding pass but thanks to a few incompetant lazy workers, we didnt have ours
    Mango has lost 4 customers and possibly more because alot of people will be hearing about this incident.
    Trisha