Malindo Airworst customer service by malindo airlines

Hi,

I am Vellore Nageshwarrao Sai Raj Kiran and I traveled from Hyderabad to Kuala Lumpur (KLIA) for the first time on 3rd May in MH199. And from SZB to Penang I booked another flight which was at 9:55 AM and made sure I had enough time to go to SZB after flight lands in KUL at 7:05 am. Find details of both flights below.

HYDERABAD to Kuala Lumpur
E ticket number : 232-[protected], 232-[protected]
PNR: RHKVSM
Malaysia Airlines

SZB to Penang
E ticket number : 816-[protected], 816-[protected]
PNR: YQQPJX
Malindo Airlines

The flight was supposed to arrive KL at 7:05 but was delayed by 40 minutes and arrived at 7:45. Since there was a delay in MH199 I was not sure if I will be able to reach the SZB airport on time to board my flight to Penang. At the KLIA(Kuala Lumpur International Airport) baggage collection place there is a Malindo lost & found counter and I approached a person there at 8:40 to check if I can shift my booking from Malindo SZB Airport to KLIA and board a flight to Penang from KLIA as I was not sure if I can reach SZB on time. The name of person is Nashwal. He said that I will not be able to reach SZB on time to board my next flight. He suggested me that he will send my baggage to Penang and he also gave me a baggage collection slip and asked me to show that at the Malindo airlines counter in SZB to collect my 2pm flight tickets. I asked him if I need to pay anything for the 2pm tickets and he said no. I was not sure and cross checked with him 3 times and he said its not required. I spent 40 minutes there and then started off to SZB and reached at 10am. The flight has left at 9:55 but I was not worried as I could take the 2pm tickets there. I met Malindo duty manager Kamarul Idzham there and he said it would not be possible to transfer my ticket from 9:55am flight to 2pm flight and I was wrongly guided by KLIA staff. After lots of discussion I had to spend 272 RM to take my flight to Penang at 12:30pm. Below are the details of ticket.

Flight: OD 1182
PNR: NW0MNX
Malindo Airlines

If I was clearly misguided and if i started to SZB immediately after meeting Nashwal I would have boarded my 9:55am flight easily. But instead he misguided me and I had to spend extra 272 RM because of this.

Malindo is such a nice airlines and I have heard so many good things about it. I have traveled in Malindo for the first time and it was such a bad experience which was just not expected from such a reputed airlines. Please process for refund of either my 9:55am flight tickets or the 12:30pm flight tickets. It would be very unfair otherwise.

_______________________________________________________

I sent this mail to [protected]@malindoair.com on 8th May 2017 and had a series of mails since then. It was a sheer mistake by Malindo staff because of which I lost 272 RM inspite of having booked a flight already. All they could say is they regret for what has happened and refund cannot be processed. This is pathetic !! What should I do with their apologies and regrets. Had I knew that Malindo is such a worst airlines I would have never booked it in the first place. Such a worst and pathetic customer care Malindo has !!

Vn
May 18, 2017

Comments

• Li
      Aug 07, 2017

Hi,

Here attached with my flights ticket & my water tumble photos for your perusal.

I am writing today to complain of the poor service I received from your airline company. I was leaved my water tumble on aircraft during flight from SZB to PEN on dated 04-08-2017. I purposely went to Malindo office at Penang Airport on dated 06-08-2017 time 12.30p.m., one of your staff managed to found my water tumbler still available with checked thru their records and proved to me that my water tumble was still available, but temporary they unable to locate my water tumbler due to the staff who safe keep my water tumbler was not around, your staff just keep my contact number and promised to call me when they locate my water tumbler. But there is no respond and did not get any feedback from your staff. I arrange my time to the Malindo Office at Penang Airport dated 07-08-2017 time 5.55p.m., I have question about my water tumbler and tried to get my questions answered, but the staff talked in a very rude manner and answered me that my water tumbler was lost.

I was so disappointed as Malindo is a airline company with well-known excellent customer service. I don't see any sense in telling you the word-to-word conversation I had impolite staff of your company, but I am sure that after knowing this incident, you will definitely take some action to educate your employee on behavior with customers which will prevent the loss of your business in future.

I believe I have done the right things by passing on this information to you with the hope that you will look into this matter seriously and locate my water tumbler as quickly as possible through an intensive search and return it to me.

All my detailed description as below :-

Name : Lim Yu Lynn
    Address : Sutera Matra Sdn Bhd, B-9-19, Block B, Oasis Suites,
    No.2 Jalan PJU 1A/7A, Ara Damansara PJU 1A,
    47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
    Phone no. : +[protected]
    E-mail address : lynn.[protected]@suteramatra.com
    Name of the airline : Malindo Airline
    Flight date : 04-08-2017 (Friday)
    Flight number : OD 1158
    Origin City : Subang (SZB)
    Destination City : Penang (PEN)
    Seat no. : 6A
    Boarding Time : 17:40

I look forward to hearing from you. Your attention is highly appreciated.
    Thanks.

• As
      Mar 21, 2018

Sub: Worst Service ever by an airline..

I am sharing my review and an experience from Malindo air.
    I have flyed with Malindo from Cochin to Bali on Nov 2017. Due to Volcanic eruption the flight form Bali to cochin have canceled and the Malindo Crew at the airport have advised us to cancel the tickets as the flights got cancelled. I have cancelled the ticket and the crew have advised me that I will be getting the 100 percentage of refund to my credit card which I have used to book my tickets with in 40 working days.
    i have not received any refunds even after 4 months of wait, I have planned to call customer support. The customer support team have advised me that my refund is under process and they will get back to me by mail with in 2 days of time. I have received a mail from Malindo team saying that they will issue a voucher for the refund and can redeem at the next fly at some selected airports which is not what agreed at the time of cancellation. I have replied to the mail that I cannot accept the voucher as this terms is not what have agreed at the airport at the time of cancellation and advised that I will be getting refund on my credit card. As I am living in Dubai I am not at all flying with Malindo in near future and I cannot redeem the voucher at all form the airport which Malindo team is mentioning. I have clearly mailed them back saying that refund to my credit card as agreed or to my Current account details provided. I have advised in the mail for the acknowledgment to my mail whether my request is getting processed or not., but no reply as expected.
    However, I am have done unlimited follow up mails and customer care calls and I am not getting any favorable feedback.

its very obvious that its a clear cut cheating, and for god sake i request no body to choose such a pathetic air line services. even you are paying bit higher on other flights, please go ahead with alternative options.