Malaysia Airlines / ground staff supervisor at melbourne airport

1 Tullamarine, Victoria, Australia

Hi,
We flew with Malaysia Airline for the very first time ever to Kuala Lumpur on 13th of December from Melbourne Airport. Our flight MH148 departed at 3:10 pm and I was flying with my wife to celebrate our 10th Anniversary. When I requested to the ground staff at the counter that we are both vegetarians and if we could please order vegetarian meals, she directed me to the supervisor since it was a bit late to request. I've flown with many airlines where you can request at the counter. I understand Malaysia Airlines might have a different system and I have nothing against it. Also the girl who served us had a great customer service and she had a smile on her face the whole time.

The issue was her Supervisor's bad attitude. She was just not willing to help from the beginning and had a very unprofessional attitude to start with. When I tried to give her an example where we requested a vegetarian meal in advance with Thai Airways but we were asked to must request at the counter as well, her answer was "Well We're not Thai Airways". I couldn't believe the response and also I am curious on what basis people with such attitude get these positions.

The flight attendants were great and they somehow managed to get us both vegetarian means in the end. We had great flights throughout and customer service except this incident at Melbourne Airport.

So I just want to bring this to your attention. Any staff member is face of a company and they shouldn't portray a bad picture of the company. If the senior staff behaves like this, what hope do you guys have from others.

I hope Malaysia Airlines take this seriously and do the needful to avoid this from happening in the future. This could have had a huge impact on our future travel plans but luckily the services we received after were great.

I'm sure you guys can get the details of the supervisor on duty since I didn't get her name.

Cheers,