Malaysia Airlines / delayed luggage

1 Malaysia

Yesterday we arrived in penang after flight to kl from denpasar bali and was in transit from kl to penang. Final flight mh1162. On arrival in penang only 1 piece of baggage arrived from 3 pieces checked in. The one we received contained my husbands clothes. His medication was in one of the other cases as was all my clothing. I had nothing to wear and we were approached by airport staff at carousel to say there was no more baggage. Gist of the matter is we were taken to a counter to report the two bags which had not arrived. A property irregularity fotm wss completed. We were eventually told to leave airport as they could not tell us when our luggage would come as their systems were down. This morning I had to go and buy myself something to wear etc. The hotel called on our behalf last night already. Malaysia airlines eventually informed our hotel that the "lost" baggage was coming on a very late flight at 01.30am.
We eventually had it delivered to our hotel today just before 2pm. Now, when we received it both cases were open. The strap around case as well as combination lock was open. The cases are damaged. It appeared that someone had gone through our things. Presently on the face if it we cannot say if anything has been removed.
We would like some answers. I have taken some photos.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ma