Malaysia Airlines / cabin crew attitude

1 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Dear Sirs,
I travelled on MH2574 KUL-MYY on 5/10 and was seated on 5D, a seat which I had frequently taken in the past.

On settling down, I politely requested from the stewardess for an English newspaper. I could see only 2 passengers in business
class and thought borrowing the paper from there will be in order.

The stewardess said she will check with the business class stewardess/steward and she came back later to say she cannot
let me have the newspaper as they are for business class only.
m
My friend in business class then borrowed me his newspaper and while reading it the chief steward (a Mr Lim Choon...)came to me and asked me if I had permission to get this paper? I told him of course I had permission as I had asked. I told him there is no big deal as I am not taking away the paper and will return it when I have finished.

He then said my handbag must be kept in the overhead cabin, (my handbag was on my lap) and he said this is not allowed.
Without checking with me or find out if I had any medication in my handbag, he took it and put it into the overhead cabin.
He also did that to my friend who is seating in 5 C, also without asking if there is anything in the handbag she requires. before placing it in the locker.

I am really annoyed with his bad attitude in handling this and this is not the first time I sit in ROW 5D. All my previous travels
in this ROW5 did not face this and my handbag can be placed on my lap. This is also not an emergency exit row, and even in the
emergency row, one can place the handbag (small normal size ladies handbag) on ones lap.

Please do not treat me as a first time traveller, not knowing what to do and how to behave. I have travelled on MAS thousands
time.

Grateful for your comments and rectification to give better service to customers,
Sincerely