Malaysia Airlines / unpleasant flight mh188 (13/8/09)

1 Malaysia

My wife and myself were given seat number 41h and 41k on flight number mh188 from colombo to kuala lumpur dated 13th august 2009. Flight departure was schedule at 0145hrs but only departed at 0305hrs. We had to wait in the aircraft without any announcement. The announcement only came from the captain 10-15minutes before departure.
During the wait, the armcap of 41k just popped up. There was no way to put it back and if it did, it will just pop up again.
I reported to a cabin crew and she put it back and told me that it will not effect the safety of the aircraft. I showed her that it popped out again.
She said she will send the engineer to repair, but it didn't happen cos' according to the crew the engineer is needed in the cockpit. They couldn't allocate us to other seats because the flight is full according to the crew.
We had the most unpleasant flight cos my wife had to press the armcap down all throughout the flight and when meal time it was so uneasy. What a way to enjoy the meal.
We are very dissapointed with the crew for not attending to us to ensure that we are comfortable. Even the chief or ifs came to have a look. We are full fare paying passengers and we don't deserve this kind of treatment and unpleasantness. Attached is the picture of seat 41k. I am expecting a positive response from malaysia airlines. From james vijeypala a. (James42vijey@gmail.com)

Malaysia Airlines