[Resolved] Makemytrip.com / refund not given on time

1 India Review updated:

In November 2006, I booked a return air journey Mumbai-Kolkata-Mumbai through makemytrip, which claims to be a leading online travel booking company.

I canceled my ticket for the Mumbai Kolkata sector and asked them for the refund of Rs.3867 which was due immediately after the taxes and administration expenses had been deducted by makemytrip. However, they have still not refunded the amount back to me fully despite me calling them every week for the same. It has been over 3.5 months since I have been calling them. Everytime I call them, they assure me of the refund within the next 5 days but it hasn't helped.

Such companies should not be given permission to trade and make merry at the cost of the consumers' money. The credit card company is charging me 3.1% interest per month on the same, which is a direct loss to me because of this. Add to it the harassment which I have been subjected to because of such inefficient and bad service and this has turned out to be a nightmarish experience.

• Resolution statement

• MakeMyTrip Customer Care's Response, May 27, 2016

Dear Naveen,
    Greetings from MakeMyTrip!!
    We are sorry to read about the issue, In reference to your complaint regarding cash back. Please note that the cash back against the deal code AMEX, INR 2000/- already has been credited in your account. Hence we request you to check with your account for the same and do let us know once the cash back received by you.

Assuring Best Services.
    Team-MakeMyTrip Care.

• MakeMyTrip Customer Care's Response, Jun 11, 2016

Dear Uasupe

We were looking into your concern but have found that a few important details are missing.

Please provide us with the following details:

- Booking ID or
    - Email address used at the time of booking

We await your response to get the matter checked at our end.

Assuring you best of our services.

Team-MakeMyTrip Care

Comments

• Bi
      14th of Mar, 2007

I have been facing a similar problem with them. Can you suggest something that we can do?

• Pe
      25th of Mar, 2007

Makemytrip is the worst travel company in this world!

• Le
      3rd of Apr, 2007

I have a similar problem - my refund amt is $4200 approx and it is almost 6 months now. Am sick and tired of their futile promises, I have already complained to better business bureau. They have not offered me any compensation either. I am planning to complain everywhere possible - I just want my money back - dont understand why I have to put so much time and effort in it.

Makemytrip is a customer's nightmare. There is no respect/dignity for any customer value.

• Aj
      20th of Apr, 2007

Hi,

You are very lucky. They kept me hanging after taking a booking. Swathi malik and sumita grover are the 2 people whom i dealt with. Swathi took the booking details and the credit card details. She asked me to sign letter of dispatch. Which i faxed. She never replied about the itinerary. Next day i called up, sumita said she is trying to help, in swathi's absence. She said she will call back with all the details within half hour. Two hours passed nothing happened. Called her back. She said she will call back within 15 minutes. Never called back. I called up again. This time she was off duty. I tried to talk to swathi. She was on leave. As the thing were going out of control, i never trusted this company. I made my friend call up to see whether really swathi was on leave. Surprisingly, she was busy on another call in the office, (while on leave).

• Bo
      20th of Aug, 2007

Hi,

Makemytrip.com is the worst company.They are proving themselves as "Worst Company ever" again and again.I called them to cancel my ticket and they didn't cancel my ticket and saying they didn't receive any call from me. I lost my hard earned money $1000.

This the result of their irresponsible.

• Ra
      11th of Sep, 2007

I lost 2300$ to makemytrip.com . They canceled my tickets but did not return the money. When I call them they say that my ticket was never canceled and hence they cannot return my money. This website should be closed. Makemytrip sucks. Don't do business with makemytrip.com

13th of Nov, 2007

I made a domestic booking through makemytrip.com and the money was immediately charged on my card. But i still can't see my booking details. When I tried to call their customer care, they said, the card has been declined! But I can see the money has been charged on my Amex card!!! They said they'll call me and I'm still waiting for their call!

I'm attaching a copy of my mail sent to makemytrip.com.:

Hi,

I made a reservation through Makemytrip.com and the details are attached herewith. I’ve confirmed with Amex card that the money has been charged to my card.

But, even after making the payment, when I received no itinerary details, I made several calls to makemytrip.com customer care and my bank since this morning to know what went wrong.

It seems I’ve made the biggest mistake of my life by booking through your website! I wonder how services like this still exist!

Please be informed that if this issue doesn’t resolve within 24 hours of receiving this mail, I’ll have no other option that to lodge a case against makemytrip.com for this third grade service and unnecessary harassment.

I’m attaching the copy of my transaction details.

• Ar
      25th of Sep, 2008

I do agree makemytrip.com is a very worst company for travellers.

I booked a Igloo nature resort for the dates oct 01, 2008 to oct 03, 2008.

Makemytrip.com sends me a voucher with the booking status "Confirmed". Before 6 days of my journey [ actually today ], I called the Igloo resort people and asked for the status they said the rooms are not available with their own resort and they can arrange for some other resort.

When I call the makemytrip.com they said the hotel room is booked and I don't need to worry on that. But after some time the manager from Igloo Nature resort called me and said there is no room is available on oct 02, so I need to stay in a another hotel.

But still makemytrip.com customer care is telling that my room is booked, if I cancel the room now they will take one night amount for this.

I can give the booking id which i have done with makemytrip.com if anybody think this is a fake.

• Sn
      25th of Aug, 2009

Makemytrip.com is a hopeless organisation with a bunch of idiots sitting out there to fool around everyone. They are totally irresponsive and idiotic in their behaviour. They are spoiling the reputation of being an Indian. Such jokers should be put behind bars for wasting people's money and time.

29th of Aug, 2009

I have had a similar incident with makeMyTrip recently after I cancelled tickets for more than $3000. They are not refunding the money after deducting cancellation charges. Neither do they respond to email queries. Their 24x7 phone lines are also not picked up. I am afraid I am going to lose all my money.

MakeMyTrip is a big sham and cheating and fraud company. I am at a loss what to do next. Which forum or authority can make them pay up? Any ideas anyone?

How do they allow such a company to function that cheats its customers is something I am not able to comprehend.

• Ab
      31st of Dec, 2009

A reservation was made on December 23rd 2009 with makemytrip booking ID number : IN0912B07043 (Continental airlines - Delhi - EWR-SFO and Return via same route)

Cost paid to Continental airline was
    2 Adults (age 18 to 64)

56, 600.00 INR

Taxes/Fees

41, 966.00 INR

Total Price

98, 566.00 INR
    Conversion

I was charged 1, 22, 000.00 INR for above tickets, which was ultimate Fraud and insane to believe even after I requested booking agent if this is the correct price.

I was over charged 23, 434 INR

I called and finally spoke to Rizwan (the supervisor) on December 24th (US Time) and inquired about ticket over charge 22000 INR. I was promised a refund with ID Number: IN0912R0087261

I was informed by karan who made initial booking about no service/transaction charge to be billed on my US credit card but I was still billed $78.86 on my bank of America card.
    Which again when i spoke to a rep at makemytrip suggested would be refunded back to my credit card ASAP.

I have spoken to almost 5 reps in past 7 days and NONE have been courteous enough to call me back and update on status.

Can you please let me know when can I get my refund of 22000 INR and 78.86 USD

I would really appreciate if this email is returned with a response or else I would take appropriate action accordingly to report this matter to concerned authorities in US

Not to mention, this is my last booking ever with makemytrip and would definately share my experience with my colleagues and friends in US and INDIA

• Hj
      5th of Jan, 2010

I urge you to not make a mistake that I made - using make my trip. Worst company I have known in my life. Please do some goggle search before using Make my trip

• Mo
      6th of Feb, 2010

I have a similar experience with this company. I had booked a ticket from Mumbai to Hyderabad. After waiting for long hours for recieveing e-ticket I didnt get any ticket. When I called up their customer service first of all they declined to give me the complaint no. giving stupid excuse that since my ticket has not generated they cannot give me the no. Now lies the big task of follow up. But reading the complaints here I am skeptical whether I'll get my money back or not.

• Pr
      19th of Feb, 2010

AVOID MAKE MY TRIP AT ALL COSTS. They are a sham, they have the worst customer service. They have failed to complete a refund which need to carried out by June 2009 till now (Feb 2010). I have made over 60 calls trying to find out when will I get refund or what has happened. The customer service is absolutely pathetic they have no idea what is happening and keep making promises that I would get my refund within next 8 days every time like a tape recorded message. I am at the end of my wits and considering what I can do to get back my money.

• Ra
      4th of Jun, 2010

How can they run the site with such irresponsible behavior and no one does nothing about it. Yes its true that you call them for refunds they will never pick up the phone. The only way to reach them is if you go through a new booking option and they will respond within a minute. But the same taped message, i am personally looking into it and the amount will reflect in 5 working days and so on. I even got a mail when i insisted for confirmation saying the transaction will happen in 5 working days. there is no escalation mechanism and most probably people there are trained to harass the customers. its more than 45 days for me and i have called the customer care more than 5 times and also never mail them as they never ever respond to mails. there has never been a single instance in my experience where i have been harassed so much for a ticket refund. i ll never use makemytrip in future.

• Pg

Thu, 05 May' 2011 Thu, 12 May' 2011
    Approx Refund Amount
    Rs. 5170 *
    Dear Sunil,

We have accepted your cancellation request for
    Refund Process Initiated: (Thu, 05 May' 2011)
    Approx Refund Amount is Rs. 5170*

Please watch this section for any further communication

Till now I did not receive any response and whenever I call the customer care they are disconnecting the call without any answer.

Hi,

I did not receive any reply from your end. Also there is no update about my refund amount. I am not getting proper response from the customer care also.

Regards,
    Sunil.

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 3:28 PM, sunil g wrote:

Hi,

I did not receive the refund amount.

Regards,
    Sunil.

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Hotel Service wrote:

Response

Dear Sunil kumar,

Thank you for contacting MakeMyTrip.com for your holiday needs.

We have assigned Reference ID 110516-026417

for your query. You can expect to receive a reply within the next 24 hours.

To enable us to serve you better, we request you to quote your Reference ID at all times when communicating with us.

If you require urgent assistance, kindly call us on our Toll Free numbers 1-800-102-8747 or 1-800-11-8747. You can also call on 1860-500-5566 (regular call rates apply).

Warm regards,

Team MakeMyTrip.com

• Su
      2nd of Mar, 2016

I booked a flight ticket from Bangalore to Delhi on 19.04.16 vide flight no 6E-644 Indigo. This flight will be take of 1200 from bangalore.

As this flight has been rescheduled, Indigo confirmed that 100 % refund will be made to me if I want to cancel the ticket.

They refunded 100 % amount to makemytrip. But Makemytrip has deducted Rs 1200/- which was applied at the time of booking as a promo code which is applicable up to 09.03.16.

When makemytrip has recd 100 % refund from Indigo, why makemytrip id deducting from my refund.

• Na
      11th of May, 2016

Hello team MMT,

Please refer the booking ID mentioned below and provide clarity on my Cash back on AMEX Card no. – 376936687921008.

I did txn of rs. 54000 on 5th Apr’16. I used the Promo code “AMEX” at the time of PAYMENT.

As per Amex card feature I have no received the cash back of 5% on this Txn till date.

Booking Id –IN1603B0S252809
    Registered Email Id - adarsh.verma@airtel.com
    Registered Mobile - 9004612345

Please provide the cash back on priority.

Regards
    Naveen Wadhwa

• Ua
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Makemytrip.com - Harassment for canceling the ticket
    MakeMyTrip.com
    makemytrip.com

I booked tickets online, now when i told him i would like to change the return ticket.They said you have to pay 5000/- where i checked from airindia, because i booked airindia flight, they said they will charge me only 2000/- so this is the totally fraud, for cancellation i have to pay 3000/- commission to make my trip. That is totally wrong. The total trip which cost me 21200/- from make my tip.Com booked on 22nd. But now when i checked from airindia.Com, the same trip cost me only 19700/- which is too less. I know this is my mistake i didnt check earlier in airindia site. But the cancellation charges they hv to leave(refund) it.

• Na
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Makemytrip - Debiting my account
    Qatar

I was trying to make booking for female pax Maleka Begum for Indigo flight HYD-DOH on 18 Oct and my account was debited but did not receive any booking confirmation kindly check why there is no booking created but my money from my account is debited INR 9494/- kindly contact me on 00974 55764143 or nasshan2004@gmail.com immediately