Having problems with MakeMyTrip?

MakeMyTrip reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 14, 2007. The latest review Money deducted and booking confirmation not recieved was posted on Sep 22, 2021. The latest complaint Refund amount was resolved on Dec 28, 2020. MakeMyTrip has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 149 reviews. MakeMyTrip has resolved 88 complaints.

MakeMyTrip Customer Service Contacts

1800 118 747 (MTNL/BSNL)
1800 102 8747 (All Other Operators)
+91 124 462 8747 (Flights / Hotels / Holidays)
+91 124 504 5105 (Flights / Hotels / Holidays)
+91 124 289 8000 (Flights / Hotels / Holidays)
+91 12 4462 8765 (Bus / Rails)
+91 124 504 5118 (Bus / Rails)
+91 124 485 9669 (International Hotels)
+91 124 504 5111 (International & Domestic Holidays)
+91 124 478 1997 (International Air Tickets)
DLF Building № 5 Tower C, DLF Cyber City, DLF Phase 2, Sector 25
Gurgaon
India - 122002

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MakeMyTrip Customer Service. Initial MakeMyTrip complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MakeMyTrip above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MakeMyTrip. Discuss the issues you have had with MakeMyTrip and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MakeMyTrip Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

MakeMyTripplease help: my flight tickets booking id-nn2118031556638, pnr - ubou62

To Whom It May Concern,
Make my trip
Gurugram, India

It is with great worry and inconvenience that I am writing this email to the support service of Make My Trip and I would appreciate it if the situation was handled as soon as possible.

The issue that I have come across is that when I tried to check into my flight through Scoot Airlines, I was informed that I have no booking despite the fact that Make My Trip sent me a confirmation email. My flight is at 6pm tonight from Perth to Singapore and I have made several bookings for this trip both in Singapore and India, which is my final destination.
Scoot airlines replied that they have cancelled and informed makemytrip as They have not received money for ticket.

I have put hundreds of dollars towards this trip because I have to go to India for medical reasons and this uncertainty is not just inconvenient but also very troubling. I hope you understand that this matter need to dealt with as soon as possible.

I have attached all of the relevant documents to this email for your reference and I am hoping that everything can be sorted out before my flight at 6pm today that I have no interest in missing.

Regards
Ashish Chandra
5, Ontario Grove Success

Respond

MakeMyTriprefund not received from make my trip for jet airways flight shot down

I Booked ticket from Bahrain to Coimbatore on 29th June in jet airways from make my trips. Due to sudden shout down and cancellation of the flights, i requested for refund through Jet airways website and called makemytrip several time.they are telling call Indian no.and i called several times, there are telling we are processing refund now for the next one week travel. But we need to book the alternative ticket now, because the prices for June tickets were running too high, that's why, we booked in advance June travel ticket in December 2018 itself.In the make my trip website i logged in my ID, but it is showing booked ticket empty.Make my trip is cheating.why did they removed ticket from the website?its quite nonsense and cheating to the customers.

We trusted make my trip thats why booked ticket, in future also need to continue the service from make my trip.My PNR is YWFKWK ticket no.589-[protected], 589-[protected], 589-[protected] for 3 travellers.(total amount Indian rupees 49329).

Kindly take necessery action for my ticket refund as soon as possible.Thank you

MakeMyTriphotel booking

My name is ashwini. My husband booked an hotel with make my trip. The park grand london paddington hotel the images shown are completely different. Looks like makemytrip has bluffed us. We paid 90 pound per day. But this is worst experience. Makemytrip has ruined our holiday.
      We will neither book from this and will suggest all our family members not to book.
      Make my trip is not authentic. And is fake.

MakeMyTripcustomer service

I have never found a more irresponsible company, it provides horrible customer service. I want a change of date for my flight, I tried calling them, (all the numbers), not even one is accessible. I mailed them, but the only response was an automated response. Also tried the chat also, it just an automated bot, no real response. Nobody cares. Feeling super frustrated!

MakeMyTripcustomer service/hotel booking

Don't Book this company, they steal in front of your eye

I have been trying to resolve an issue with them since 10th February when they booked us into a hotel which doesn't exist in BANGKOK. I have been trying to get my money back since then but these people forgot to learn about customer experience. Forget about the apology or the compensation. I have been begging to get my money back which I paid for invisible hotel but they are waiting for me to get tired and forget about the issue. I even copied their CEO and rest of the management team into emails but they are too busy cheating their consumers.

I am tired now and will find every possible way to share my experience online, I see I am not the only one who has been scammed by this company. They told me that they will return my money as in voucher which I can use in future on their company. They should think why would I do that after going through all these. Why would someone book them if they were stranded on the road finding the hotel for 4 hours. I have made many international calls and god knows how many reminders emails to them but their strategy is simple. Don't respond! Very poor service MakeMyTrip.

customer service/hotel booking
          customer service/hotel booking

MakeMyTripunethical behavior

One of the worst customer support ever! I have never seen or have heard such a nasty service from any of the travel agents in india apart from these! F* ridiculous! I spend 2 whole weeks spending almost 8 hrs everyday on call with them and none of them no how to respond back with the query I had! No wonder people hate services from india. I had booked an international flight and thanks to these dumbf* I ended up paying twice the amount. I wish I could be more polite but I cannot express how frustrated and mad I am with their behavior. No supervisor or senior member is ever ready to listen or help the customer out when asked for! All these representatives do is lie and have no common sense that it is so clear about their intentions. I wonder what they should do to teach them do their f* job properly.
            No wonder india doesn't move forward. They use their street smartness, lie openly on your face and think they're super smart. I would never ever get any kind of help from this company ever again.. And also make sure people I know do not get to this website ever.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Mar 05, 2019

Dear Customer,

We're so sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as expected. We never want you to feel like you're stuck with a bad experience. Please share the booking ID so that we can assist you further.

Team- MakeMyTrip Care

MakeMyTriphotel booking

I feel like running to one desk to another just like in the government offices whenever I call MakeMyTrip customer care. Never get things resolved that easily.

I booked my hotel through MakeMyTrip website (Booking Id: NH231106609418) and money got debited from my card, but I never received confirmation on hotel booking. Also, I have contacted the booked hotel and they couldn't find my reservation either.

They have no clue about my reservation. I am not getting proper response from MakeMyTrip customer care. Highly disappointed with MakeMyTrip!

Sridhar

• MakeMyTrip's response · Mar 07, 2019

Dear Sridhar

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you as what happened is certainly not in line with our service standards.

Further, in reference to your complaint, as checked, our concern team has handled your case and confirmed your booking in the same hotel which was booked originally and the booking is now utilized by guest. Due to some technical issue the booking was not pushed in our system and no confirmation could be provided to you regarding the same. It is unfortunate to note that your recent experience with us has not been up to your satisfaction.
                  Your experience has assisted us in exploring possibilities for further improvement in our service levels, for which we are thankful to you.

We hope this matter will not prejudice your view of Make My Trip and we look forward to assisting you with your future travel plans.

Respond

MakeMyTripdouble the airfare charges charged

I booked a flight on MakeMyTrip (NF22697144092221) for an Indigo flight from BANGALORE to TRIVANDRUM and was charged Rs 10, 050 in total for two tickets, on 27 Sep 2018 (Invoice No. [protected]). The Airfare charges were Rs 8, 540.00 in total. The same flight now shows the total as 5600 in total and the airfare charges as 3844 for two tickets. I am unable to ring (all they do is send an email link back which is not helpful), email or post online (website asks for a captcha but the captcha service is offline!) to MarkMyTrip through any mechanism for a complaint.

double the airfare charges charged
                double the airfare charges charged

• MakeMyTrip's response · Oct 22, 2018

Dear ramuvramanan,

Greetings from MakeMyTrip!!

In reference to your complaint regarding your flight booking, please be advised that the airline fare charged on your booking is Inr 9510/- for two passengers (this is the amount which we have paid to airline for air tickets). Apart from airline fare we have only charged Inr 540/- as convenience fee for both passengers. There are no incorrect/hidden charges taken by us. The fares are dynamic in nature and can increase/decrease in future depending upon seat availability. The same can be verified with the airline also. Your booking has got confirmed on the available fare at airline end on 28-Sep-18. We believe, we are able to clarifies your doubts on this concern. And apologies for any inconvenience from our end.

• Updated by ramuvramanan · Oct 22, 2018

Hello,

Appreciate your explanation. But charging variable rates and ripping someone off are two different things. How can the carrier charges be double the rate closer to the flight dates?

Ramu

• MakeMyTrip's response · Nov 02, 2018

Dear ramuvramanan,

Greetings from MakeMyTrip,

The increase of fares are beyond our control, we shows the fare which is available at airline’s end. So, as mentioned in our previous reply, you can verify or get the clarity on same from airline directly. We thank you for writing to us.

Respond

MakeMyTripticket booked ref: gsiveo (made to purchase baggage, when the allowance existed)

Ticket Ref # GSIVEO, AHD-KTM-AHD, dated 20th Aug (return 23rd Aug, 2018).

We had booked a ticket on Aug 4, 2018 with Jet Airways on makemytrip. As the per ticket copy issued by makemytrip, we had a check-in baggage allowance only while returning from Kathmandu and not while going.

On the ticket (ref attachment), Ahd-Ktm sector dated Aug 20, 2018, the check-in baggage allowance reads "not available", while for the return sector, it reads 20Kgs.

We had to purchase baggage immediately. The baggage was expensive, even as per international norms and hence we could purchase only 5kgs.

Upon reaching the airport, the Jet Airways staff asked why we had purchased baggage when we had a 20 kg baggage allowance. Upon showing him the makemytrip issued ticket, he understood and explained makemytrip's ticketing error. Not only could we not carry things to Kathmandu for the trip, but had to buy the baggage.

We would like makemytrip to refund our baggage payment of INR 7331 immediately.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Sep 04, 2018

Dear Vandana Parikh.

We are sorry to read about the issue. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

It is unfortunate to note that your recent experience with us has not been up to your satisfaction. Further, while looking into your concern we have found that a few important details are missing.

MakeMyTrip Booking id or
                      E-mail/Mob no. entered at the time of booking.

MakeMyTripdenying refund

We did a mistake a booked a package for Maldives to gift to a dear friend for her Honeymoon through Makemytrip,
                    Shortly after her wedding around last week of February Political unrest started in Maldives,
                    We requested Make my trip to look into the issue and cancel with full refund as it wasnt safe to travel and Indian External Ministry has issued an advisory for Indians not to travel to Maldives
                    We called and request for cancellation under the same advisory/reason
                    we were told to wait
                    Wait was never ending, for 10 days this merry go around went
                    I was promised a call back by manager who use to disconnect the call on me whenever they called in mere 2 rings
                    On 21st of Febuary I decided to pay the cancellation fees on there App and decided to cancel my package and get whatever i can of my hard earned money
                    Cancelled Flight paid refund and cancelled package which promised me a refund of USD 1000
                    There was no way an indian could visit Maldives i had no choice but pay 1600 USD as a cancellation fee shown on ther App
                    in few hours i got a call from Makemytrip advising me i will get INR 1 for this refund
                    These days even beggars don't accept alms of INR 1
                    I tweeted them with a screen shot which says i deserve a refund of USD 1000
                    They apologised saying it is there System Glitch and i have to forget about the entire package price of INR 150000 +
                    I kept on tweeting them and making them realise they are at fault
                    Either i should get my Full refund or atleast what i saw on there App
                    Now on 05th March they deny outrightly that its there App which shows a refund of usd 1000
                    my hard earned money is fraudulently eaten by this pathetic website
                    i will not leave them for sure and drag them to every court possible so that no more fellow indians are conned

denying refund
                    denying refund

• MakeMyTrip's response · Apr 02, 2018

Dear singhabhishekp,

Booking id
                        E-mail or Mobile number entered at the time of booking.

MakeMyTriponline airline ticket booking

I booked a Spice Jet airways flight online through the MakeMyTrip portal and completed the payment through my Credit Card. Although I received an SMS from my Bank that the amount has been debited, I did not receive any confirmation or email about the flight booking from MakeMyTrip!!
                      Date & time of booking: 18/2/2018; 2210 hours UAE time
                      Booking details: Spice Jet Flight from Ahmedabad to Dubai on Thursday 22/2/2018
                      Name of passenger: Mrs. Meryn Mary Varghese
                      Email: [protected]@gmail.com
                      Total amount debited: INR. 19, 893/-
                      Card details: MasterCard# [protected]

Respond

MakeMyTripneed insurance claim & full refund

Hi,

I booked Mumbai to Chandigarh 16th Feb & return 22nd Feb, but due to some maintains Chandigarh airport close between 12th Feb to 26th Feb. so Indio airline customer care called me & told about flight cancellation.
                        But From MakeMyTrip customer care service No One call me & inform about this issue.

2nd thing I am raising service request but no one response on that service request. about insurance claim at time of ticket booking I am selected insurance option for flight cancellation or delay.

I need full refund as well as Insurance claim because my all Hotel booking & travels booking is badly impacted (financially, Location wise, date & time wise and travel time wise) for this issue.

as please reply on this complaint as early as possible so I am doing my next plan about ticket book & others.

Respond

MakeMyTriprefund pending for home stay cancellation

I booked a guest house named 'Leandro Vaz' at Goa on 10th November via MakeMyTrip. I received a call from MMT on 16th November saying that 'They are cancelling this particular booking (ID: MHS209044) due to some issues at their side. And they will refund the amount INR 6300 which will be credited in next 7 working days. Also they asked me to book another hotel/guest house upto Rs. 9000. And asked me to send the invoice copy along with bank account details. And that extra cost Rs. 3000 will be credited to the bank details provided by me.' So my total refund amount is Rs.9300.
                          I booked a hotel as they said, and sent invoice copy and my bank details on 18th November. I immediately got a reply that refund is initiated and i will receive it in next 7 working days. From 18th November to 18th December(totally 1 full month) i am keep on sending mails and calling the customer care representative. But they are keep on following with their finance team. And I havent received my refund amount.
                          Really a bad service from makemytrip.
                          Why cant MMT be open with your customers and tell them what caused such a delay and when you will refund the amount. Bad service and experience with MMT. They will lose their customers if they continue the same.

MakeMyTriphorrible customer service

Once you paid them, forget about a good treatment. They will care nothing about you.
                            This fact can be proven by lots of people who suffered from MMT.
                            They were very nice to me when I only wanted to book the tickets. Once a bought them and needed their help, they turned into devils and were rude to me. They were impatient and obnoxious. You know, I was so shocked that couldn't even normally speak.
                            I had to pay more for correcting spelling mistakes, I can forgive that, but their attitude was horrible. They lost one more customer.

MakeMyTripincorrect name on ticket

I am Indian staying in Tanzania, I have planned holidays to Turkey last year through MMT,

This year I am planning for Egypt and booked one international & two domestic flights in Egypt booking ID.

While booking domestic flight agen have misspelled my wife's name. Instead of AMISHA they have mentioned ANISHA.

Details of domestic flight which had and as given below:

1- IN1710B9S4518935 - Cairo to Aswan
                              2- IN1710B9S4518979 - Luxor to Cairo

It came to my notice next day when I was issued the tickets, I spoke to agent name 'Anish' for bookings. Next day got a call from MMT team member called 'Payal' I informed her that there was a mistake made in name. She said they will contact me, since then there was no contact from MMT team.

By no chance I can confirm incorrect spelling of my wife, I am asking them to check the communication and records.

This ticket was booked on 26th OCTOBER and today is 8th of November, i am having hard time to get this resolved. I am shocked to experience after sales service from MMT team.

This is the time i have to give all my booking details to Egypt embassy to process my VISA. But no reply, no resolution from MMT team is upsetting us.

After dropping so many messages to their complaint resolution panel, I took this platform for resolution of my issue. Hope my problem will be addressed.

Thanks and regards,
                              Rajesh

Respond

MakeMyTriprefund not reflected on banking account

Hi,

We did a booking on Jan Charmaine Tan and the booking ID NH2003861831986 of 5200rupees was cancelled and according to your policy should be fully refunded since we respected the deadline. Its been one month and despite you keep on affirming everything has been solved we did not get any refund on the bank account. We sent you the bank statement so please coordinate with your bank and resolve the issue. Otherwise, we would need to use other legal ways.

Thanks,

Lorin

MakeMyTripselected flight not booked

Sir, thank you very much for providing your services for public convenience. But there are some issues with your service.
                                  In the month of March this year I toured Bombay and made my hotel booking through Make My Trip. The tour was quite successful and I was exalted enough that I gave 10 out of 10 to your services during my feedback. This time to I planned to visit Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty by making all my bookings through Make My Trip. But this time I am let down by the deceiving services of yours.
                                  Sir, I booked flight from New Delhi to Bangalore and return to New Delhi on 03.09.17. On your site I selected Indigo's​ flight 6E-839 of dt. 15.10.17 from New Delhi to Bangalore and return by Vistara's flight UK-816 of dt. 20.10.17
                                  from Bangalore to New Delhi. I did the process and made the payment. My E-tickets were immediately sent to me through mail. I made my bookings accordingly for hotels also.
                                  On 06 of September during my free time when I was checking my mails, I was surprised to see that my return ticket was of Indigo's flight of 7.05 am i.e. 6E-6228 instead of Vistara's flight of 12.15 hrs. I found my whole programme shattered. On 20.10.17 I will be checking out from Mysore hotel "Country Inn & Suites by Carlson". Now it will not be possible for me to get to flight from Bangalore Airport at 7.00 hrs early morning.
                                  Realising the seriousness of the problem I made another booking for hotel Presidency in Bangalore for dated 19.10.17 so that I will be able to get to Airport in time and avail my bookings.
                                  Sir, now I have to cancel my hotel bookings of Mysore. My booking for Mysore is in hotel "Country Inn & Suites by Carlson" for dt. 19.10.17 with booking ID No. NH7123160523272 & Voucher No [protected]. Now I need to stay Mysore on 16.10.17. I will go for other options if my booking of 19.10.17 in hotel "Country Inn and Suites by Carlson" is cancelled​ with full refund immediately credited to my account.
                                  Please suggest me how can I go through in this process without​ spending more money. If you suggest me to cancel this booking and make the fresh one then please arrange to refund my money at the earliest. Otherwise it will be very difficult for me to mature this programme. Hope for an early and fruitful response.
                                  Regards Sanjeev Sood
                                  Mobile number [protected], [protected]

Respond

MakeMyTriprefund against flight booking which was actually not done by mmt

This is regarding flight booking, for 2 persons, through MMT portal.Today morning for I paid RS.10220/- twice for 2 persons.Means, I paid RS.20440/-for 2 persons from Delhi to Ranchi even though it seems that the ticket has not been booked.Because I have not received the ticket and payment was made twice because it was showing on the portal that"payment not made as the debit card was not accepted"
                                    But immediately after that I received a message from my bank that Rs.20440/-has been debited from my account.
                                    I request MMT to refund my Rs.20440/- to be credited in my ICICI Bank account immediately without any delay.
                                    Kiran Shankar

Respond

MakeMyTripdeal code - cashback offer issue

I made a booking of Rupees 90000 (approx) for a international flight on August 20, 2017 using HDFC credit card. While booking, there was a field of promotion code / coupon code which i didnt use as i didnt know that there is HDFC cashback offer going on of 5%. Hence i couldnt avail that offer during my booking.
                                      But the moment i got to know about the offer from my cousin who is also travelling alongwith me, i called up customer service number of MakeMyTrip. This call was made within 15 mins of my booking through your website. The executive said since i had not put the coupon code though i had used the credit card which had the offer online nothing can be done now. Instead i can cancel the booking and rebook the tickets which is totally illogical. I asked him to connect me to his supervisor. For this he said Supervisor is busy on another call. I asked him to have supervisor call me back immediately after the other call. The supervisor called me after 2.5 hours only once which went missed. I never got call after that one missed call. Hence on 21st August i called back the customer care again at 10.00 a.m. and then again i was told that Supervisor will call back at 10.30 a.m. Supervisor never called me back. Today after 2 days Dhruma (supervisor) calls me and tells me it is not possible and gave me an offer as a gesture of 1000 rupees voucher for my future travel. For a payment of 90000, using credit card which had an offer of 5% cashback, instead of giving me 9000 voucher she offered me 1000 rupees voucher.

I would like to escalate this matter as being a customer i feel i am cheated and duped. When a customer makes a booking, while making the payment, next to the deal code bar there is no option showing me what are the offers available. If i go to any other ecommerce site like Yatra.com / Expedia.com, everywhere when we book a ticket, they show up offers available while making the payment but in case of Make mytrip its not there. Instead its there on the homepage. A person who is not a regular visitor of your site and doesnt have much time to explore the homepage, will never get any kind of offers if the site doesnt prompt the available offers while making the payment??

In this scenario, i have lost 5% of 90000 which is 9000 which i should get as its a big amount. I have already used my HDFC credit card and just because i didn't apply the code of HDFCsale, it doesnt mean i should loose this money. It shouldnt be a matter of applying code which can be fixed manually and easily with appropriate approvals.

Would need support to get this sorted.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Sep 01, 2017

Dear Madhura Shetty,
                                          Greetings from MakeMyTrip!!
                                          Further, in reference to your complaint, while validating your case we have found that our Management team has handled your case and a refund of Inr 8953/- has been processed from our end on 24-Aug-17 the same should now be reflecting in your account. We hope your concern has been resolved as per your expectation. We thank you for contacting us.

1 Response
                                        • Hd
                                          HDFC Bank_Cares Aug 24, 2017

Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Please mail us your complete issue at [email protected] along with your card / transaction and contact details with ref ID-TTU240817-01 in the subject line. Will revert to you.

-Bejoy
                                          HDFC Bank Customer Assistance

Make My Tripno credit of points

Had completed a few international flights and hotel bookings done through MMT in the month of June, however did not receive any points, wrote a mail for credit the points, instead received various replies that i have received the points which they were actually talking about for the year of 2016. Later get call, and the guy without listening just kept talking with a rude attitude and then hung up. Now its a month and i was told that the points have been credited already, however due to probably some system error, no points are showing on my dashboard and said it will do resolved manually, but yet no response, i write mails but receive no replies, is MMT a fraud company. I shall report this all to the consumer forum.

RESOLVED

After a long wait for a few month they managed to resolve it

• MakeMyTrip's response · Aug 02, 2017

Dear Astian,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Further, in reference to your complaint while validating the issue we have found that a few important details are missing.

• Booking ID or