[Resolved] MakeMyTrip / my worst experience with customer care pnr no. - yqc4fa

1 San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

Hello,

I have had the worst customer care experience with the makemytrip. I seriously am so much frustated with the way customer care talks and answers your query.

I wanted to reschedule my parents tickets because of medical emergency which was booked for 29th Aug (PNR No. - YQC4FA). I called up yesterday (5th June) and talked to "Ruchika". After talking for an hour on phone she told me that the reschedule penalty is 300$ plus the airfare difference. I asked her to book it for 14th of july because on makemytrip website I could see the airfare was $726 per ticket (means the airfare difference would be $4). She told me that the airfare difference on her system is 100$. I do not understand why two interfaces of the same system is giving such a big difference. She explained it to me that sometimes airlines put extra charges for the reschedule. I asked her whats the cancellation charge? She replied after "10 minutes" and checking on the system that its the same as reschule penalty which is $300. I said just go ahead and cancel my tickets and I will book it again from your website. It was saving me 200$, makes sense?

She said if she can call me back after doing all the formalities and confirm it. I said I am fine with that.

I did not recieve any calls from makemytrip for one day. After checking on the website again I found that airfare was increased for 14th of July. Even though I could see for 15th of July its showing 724$ (airfare differnce of $2 from my original fare).

I called up again today (6th of June) and I talked to "Sapna". After again going through the same process and an hour long call, she told me that the airfare difference is $60, why? On your website its showing 10 different flights with airfare difference of $2??? she explained that she is giving me the confirmed seats and on the website you never know if its confirmed, weird isn't it???

I asked "Sapna" to just cancel my tickets (I wanted to avoid all this discussion) and I will book it through website. She told me that cancellation charges are $375??? Why "Ruchika" told me its $300 and I asked her the same. She said "oh its Ruchika, let me talk to her" and after talking to her she said "by mistake she quoted $300 to you"? MISTAKE after checking the system and after an hour long waiting on call?

I asked "Sapna" if I can talk to any supervisor or Manager because I am not getting the answer. She said that nobody is there and they will come at 10:30 AM (right now it should be 7:30 AM). So all the agents work without any superior in the company? When I asked she gave me the names of her Manager "Gaurav Kamboj" and "Deepthi Khare".

With no other options I contacted the web chat if I can get some answers there. I talked to "Rishabh Bhardwaj". After explaining him everything he mentioned that he will connect my chat to the concerned department. He connected me to "Sapna" again, what a coincidence???? I am speachless! I asked her if I can get the phone number or email id? she did not reply back to me. THERE IS NO ANSWER ON THE WEB CHAT FOR 20 minutes! "Are you there Sapna" and the answer is "yes", but where are my answers?

I don't know what should I do and where should I contact. If this is the customer care service I am sure makemytrip will fall down very badly in future. In this age of so much competition you are causing so much inconvience for the customer and wastage of time. There is no answers and everybody is quoting a different price, and the best part is there is no synchronization in your own system? And you don't get your answers at all.

I am really afraid If I want to do business with makemytrip again! I have been a customer since long but I seriously dont want to go through makemytrip customer care at all.

Could you please help me out in reschedule? or please help me talking to anyone responsible and who knows the process! Please someone answer why there is so much money difference in the makemytrip website and customer care system? Does they pull air fare from difference resources?

If there is anybody listening please contact me on my phone [protected], or please reply back to this email. I will really appreciate it.

I am also forwarding the transcript of the chat I recieved on the email. I wish if it could have shown how much I had to wait for a reply.

Thanks,
Nish

• Resolution statement

Hello,

With reference to your post, please provide your Booking ID so we may contact you and assist you further.

You are requested to email the same to [protected]@makemytrip.com.

Hello,

With reference to your post, kindly note that we have processed the refund for the extra amount charged. We regret the delay and inconvenience caused.

Dear B.Ravindra,

With reference to your post and subsequent communication with a MakeMyTrip representative, on receipt of your valid documents, your case is now being investigated and will be resolved at the earliest.

Dear Sir,

With reference to your complaint, we request you to share your booking ID so that we can look into the matter.

Regards
    Team - Make My Trip Care

Hello,

With reference to your post, kindly share your Booking ID so we may retrieve details of your booking and assist you further. You are requested to email the same to [protected]@makemytrip.com.

Hello,

With reference to your post and subsequent communication with our representative, kindly note that your refund is under process.

We regret the inconvenience caused as a result of the delay.

Hello,

With reference to your post, kindly share your Booking ID so we may assist you further. You are requested to email the same to [protected]@makemytrip.com.

Dear Sir,

With reference to your complaint, we request you to please share your booking Id, so that we can look into matter.

Team-MakeMyTrip Care

Dear Harshit,

With reference to your post, the refund for Rs. 732.00 has been initiated. Kindly note, you can expect the amount to reflect in your account within 5 business days.

We apologise for any inconvenience you have faced and appreciate your co-operation in the matter.

Hello,

With reference to your post, kindly share your MakeMyTrip Booking ID in order for us to retrieve details of your booking history. You may email the same to [protected]@makemytrip.com.

MakeMyTrip Care

Comments

• Aw
      6th of Jun, 2009

You have to understand that this is an India based company trying to think they can service American customers. However they do not understand that Americans are used to different treatment than the customers in India. India business is rampant with fraud and scams like this they are used to it.

I am sorry but you should have hung up the phone once you heard an indian sounding voice and refused to do any further business with them. This will now become a long involved venture for you, one in which you will pay dearly to get out of. This is the custom of the indian business. Once they have you, you are not getting away.

• Ni
      7th of Jun, 2009

I do not agree that this is the indian culture. I do agree that indian customer care is acting sick and pathetic and causing so much inconvinience to the customrs.
    I must say that I have had wonderful experiences with US customer care. They resolve the issues and talk very nicely and give you the best options. You will always feel satisfied.
    I do not understand why it is the money game. Why they dont understand that the customer is wasting his time and money on some stupid game they are playing with their friends. They dont want to show it to the management and hide it and keep on making mistakes.
    I wanted to take it to the management if in case someone listens and improve the system.

26th of Jun, 2009

MAKEMYTRIP.COM IS A CHEAT.

This company did the same to me and never refunded my money this is my flight FUSINT20001113625‏

My experience is worst than anyone else. I hate to say but this sick ### company literally looted my money

• Ar
      2nd of Sep, 2009

The same thing is happening to me. They have to refund my $400and they said that their systems are upgrading and they will give me my refund number on the 10th of September.

We should all unite to make sure that we get our money back. Here is what I did, I contacted the airlines I actually flew with and corresponded with their legal and customer care so that they have it in their records. They have assured me that if MAkemytip does not refund the money back they will revoke it's license.
    Officially Makemytrip is not allowed to reschedule the tickets and they are cheating innocent customers in this process!

Pass the message and stop doing any further message with Make My Trip.

• Ra
      9th of Sep, 2009

I had the same experience with Makemytrip. The customer care is reckless and they do not even respond to the emails. Can we file a compliant with the US cunsumer court, since they have an office in US? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Raja

• Vi
      16th of Sep, 2009

The worst travel site ever. They dont have their back office in place. They charged my card for a particular booking and then kept coming back to me offering stupid choices on the flights other than the one I booked for. Calls to their customer service department are of no use.

• Ga
      29th of Oct, 2009
    Makemytrip - Charged me but not issued ticket
    gaurav shah
    Lodi
    New Jersey
    Phone: 2012460957

Makemytrip chargd me and not to be issued the ticket and ve assistant also notalk proprly name (Deepak chahary) i m witing forransfer chat from last 20 mins but response.

Mkemytrip charged and not issue my ticket how can buy my ticket. Thy regret immedately and not to be retu my balance. I want to fly after 1 days and mkemytrip said i will back yur balance time 6 days how can i affort?

It is really reall too bad sevice.

31st of Oct, 2009

I'm also facing similar problem.

Does anybody has got the emailID of MANAGERS/CEO other high level guys?

This [protected]@makemytrip.com> is just irresponsible.

• Ar
      16th of Mar, 2010

Hey guys,

After a like a month of battling with them.. I got my money. Here is what I did. I never did the complaining over the phone. I used the chat service they provided and the rest was email correspondence. I saved all the chats by taking screen prints of them.

And I mailed them a copy of the chat transcripts threatening to take legal action if they did not return my money back. As soon as they realized I had enough material to sue them, they returned my money with in half hour which they originally told me would take 10- 20 days as their account systems are down.. as i said disgusting company with a horrible record! Be extremely careful and do not give up on your money or what they owe you!!

• Rc
      20th of Apr, 2010

Does lodging a complaint on this forum work..neways..mkmytrip customer care sucks...after trying to contact them for 3days..each time they said i wil rcv a call back in 24hrs..for 3 days there has not been a single call back..
    Their customer care sucks big time

6th of Jun, 2010

Hi all, May be we can file a suit here in US and make them out of business in US atleast. I am sure it will not work in India

12th of Jul, 2010

Make my Trip is a fraud company. They made a travel reservation which I found out by calling the carrier (AirIndia) that the tickets were not confirmed. Customer care folks bullied me for about a week saying that it is merely a technical issue in the AirInidia system and that the tickets have actually been confirmed. When they discovered that the tickets were not confirmed, they made an unauthorized reservation with a different travel plan. Still have not received my money. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE NOT CAPABLE OF MAKING ANY AIRLINE RESERVATIONS.

• Aj
      13th of Aug, 2010

you all go to hell. they are public company with $70m in their pockets and must be having dinners in five star deluxe.

16th of May, 2011

Hello Everybody,
    Make my Trip is a fraud company, big chitter company in india,
    I was go to Himachal with this company, , very poor class company, we are loos our money, , i will take a photos of poor claas services, and we are going to Consumer Act to this company, always make Bad memory it s a make my trip, Chetan vasani, Rajkot.

7th of Jun, 2011

Make My Trip - which is so called India's No. 1 Company Travel Company just cheats customers. I have had a very bad experience with this company. I had booked a room in a resort through MakeMyTrip website & i got confirmation that room is booked. Later when i went with my family to the resort i was told that the room is not booked at all. Beside loosing huge money to MakeMyTrip - just because i trusted company the entire family was in streets. I suggest all users not to use MakeMyTrip as this company only cheats.

16th of Nov, 2011

Hello Everyone,
    My first notification DONT BUY TICKETS UNLESS THE AGENT agrees what he says or you cross verify yourself Or BETTER DONT BUY TICKETS . I bought two tickets from PHL to HYD, with a connecting flight from BOM- HYD, through british airways which allows two checkin bags. MakeMyTrip agent mentioned that Jet airways will only charge 800 Rs for extra bag. When I called to Jet airways to confirm my fiight they mentioned they will allow one bag or $50 for extra bag if the ticket was made into one booking with departure from US. They verified that my BOM- HYD is a seperate domestic booking and it will charge 150 per kg for the extra bag. When I called to Makemytrip, the agent mentioned that they will refund the money which I pay to jet airways ie 150 * 22 kgs, I said instead of that why dont you make my booking into one single booking. The system wont allow to do this change, but they can refund the money. The agents will keep you on hold till you get frustrated and you end the call yourself. They are just frauds. They represent a bad customer experience.

8th of May, 2013
    Makemytrip India - Online Thugs / Touts - ONLINE TOUTS, CHEAT, CRIMINAL DRIVERS
    makemytrip.com

Makemytrip fake reviews of their business partners and cheat clients. Their partners in car/ taxi business are notorious criminals with
    bogus driving licenses.

Beware if you value your safety, peace of mind and money. There is zero customer service. They are worse than touts at New Delhi railway station. Modern day online touts...They scam you and cheat you with money by not honoring contract or making cut shorts in duration and service.

• Or
      2nd of Aug, 2016
    Makemytrip.com - Charge extra and best of all-cancel your ticket without refunding money
    Makemytrip.com
    makemytrip.com

Wish I could place a lesser rating. Such crappy website and service!! Gawdd... I am surprised they are still in the business for so long. If you get to do a webchat with their so-called Executive, things would be pretty clear as to what you would be facing!Totally unprofessional, non-service oriented, noobs and nerds work there. A 10/10 avoid.

Especially for NRI's please avoid this lest you would repent.They change flights, rules. charge extra and best of all-cancel your ticket without refunding money!!

2nd of Aug, 2016
    Makemytrip India - Online Touts - CHEATING PEOPLE, INFLATING PRICE, UNPROFESSIONAL DRIVERS, CHEATING, NO REFUND.
    makemytrip.com

Cheated me ( NC25011158555), by breaching the contract . They are as good as touts at New Delhi station.

Frauds, scammers, There is no customer service or response( except automated /canned replies) in last 25 days. Zero ethics, and cheating. They have partnered with local / substandard street side taxi agencies who ruin your trip and peace of mind, besides money.
    Drivers fleece extra money and force you to cutshort trip once they realise they get full money.

MAKEMYTRIP = CHEATING, FRAUD, BREAKING OF CONTRACT, ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

2nd of Aug, 2016
    Makemytrip.com India - scam, cheating, faking reviews.

bogus driving licenses.