MagicJack / bad product, incoming calls

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

Well i saw on this blog that some people believe we are just irrate people who dont like magicjack. But i have to say i tried to give magicjack the benefit of the doubt. I bought it over 5 months ago and continue to have problems receving calls. If you are on the computer when someone tries to call, then the mj screen takes about 30 seconds to come up, while the phone rings non stop without stopping. About the time it start ringing intermittently, the mj has already sent them to voicemail and i have to call them back. This continue to occur all the time . I have tried go online for help and the technician has tried numerous things that dont work, and i still have the problem. I tried to update the mj but it still dont do anygood. I am afraid to give anybody my number since it is becoming a hassle to keep calling someone back. I am going to try that new company that mj hates because evidently it works well. Dont buy magicjack cause you will have a headache and they dont have a phone number for customer service which means they have something to hide. Mj is reaping what it is sowing it will be bankrupt by next year!

Wi

Comments

• Bl
      2nd of Jan, 2011

So what is the "new service that MJ hates" ?

• Je
      29th of Aug, 2012

Just got disconnected from magicjack acct. for overusing the service which is either an error or a fraudulent attempt at profit. We use the acct. about once a day with some days making no more than 4 or 5 calls...but the average over the year is about one call per day. Numerous attempts to gain further information with Magicjack chat function were useless and they would not explain further what exact breach of terms was violated.