Lwm/acai Berry / Credit card charged with out my permission

1 3007 Greene StreetHollywood, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866 949 0138

I paid 3.95 for a trial bottle of acai berry and was billed 2 additional charges of 87.13 without my consent. I received a trial bottle and an additional bottle that I have since mailed back to the company at the address on the packaged label. I researched the address and found that there is no such address as 3007 Greene Street, Hollywod, FL. Therefore, I will probably be getting the product back and have to return it to another address. I have called this company everyday since 02/08/09. I ask to speak with a supervisor and each time I am placed on hold for long periods of time without a supervisor ever coming to the phone. I was told by representative Terri that I will get an e-mail from the refund department concerning my refund. I have not received an e-mail and have not received a return call from a supervisor. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company who will try to get the company to refund the money to my card.

Comments

11th of Feb, 2009

I recommend closing your account at your bank or this freakish company will continue charging you. It's a bad experience and I've been there. Good luck. I had to close my account.

• Je
      20th of Feb, 2009

Same thing happened to me...still at odds with them. Had to close my CC account too.

• Em
      26th of Feb, 2009

The same thing happened to me, same company, same exact story. They only charged my account once, but they told me it was refunded on 01/29/09, but of course no such credit has been made to my account. Everytime I call they tell me the same story about having to email the refund department and I always ask for a supervisor. They always put me on hold and the last time I was on hold for 50 minutes and finally gave up. I have spoken to a "supervisor" once or twice, but they always tell me the same thing about emailing the refund department. I haven't cancelled my account--it's a checking account, I used my debit card--do you think I should??

• Us
      27th of Mar, 2009

This product is an absolute rip off. It is worthless. I called within the time and still could not get a refund from the Acai Berry, FWM Laboratories. They advertise a 30 day free trial everywhere, but come to find out it is only a 12 day free trial. This is the 12th day and they charged my debit card $87.13 today. I talked to a supervisor "Jeff" ID #3244169, obviously an Indian telemarketer. He basically said kiss my you-know-what. He said everybody is cancelling. The Bromalite people were very nice and reimbursed my debit card today in the amount of $69.95. WORTHLESS, WORTHLESS PRODUCT.