Lufthansa German Airlines / poor security service

1 Nashville, TN, United States Review updated:

My daughter left tel aviv for munich on flight #321 1/8/19. When she arrived in munich, she had to pass through security for a connecting flight to the us. She asked if she could pass through with an empty water bottle, and was told yes. When her bag passed through the machine and someone else from security saw the bottle, he took it out of her bag and threw it away without her permission. This was an expensive water bottle (not plastic) that had a lot of sentimental value, as my other daughter had given it to her as a special gift.in addition, my daughter has a medical condition that requires her to drink large amounts of water on a regular basis — that's why she carries the water bottle with her. She discussed with security, but they refused to retrieve her water bottle from the trash.

Do not bother to respond to this email if all you are going to say is you're sorry and you will look into the compliant, as we all know that will amount to nothing.

What I want is $30 compensation to buy a new water bottle.

Until you reimburse me — and yes, it is your responsibility because munich is a hub through europe for you — my daughter and I will not be traveling through german airports. Not until your security learn to treat people as human beings.

Page salenger

Pa
Jan 8, 2019

Comments

• Fl
      9th of Jan, 2019

It is not allowed to bring a bottle of more than 100ml on board all over the world.
    Such are restrictive rules all over European Eunion and US.
    Moreover, an air carrier is not responsible for the acts of the airport security.