Lowes and Pella Doors / their service is horrible

On 5/6 I made the mistake of ordering Pella French doors from Lowes. 3 weeks later when the doors arrived the hardware (handles) were not included. In checking out the Lowes rep admitted he made a mistake on the order and the handles I ordered were not available. But there were not any handles included at all. Also the doors were not made correctly one was higher than the other. So the doors were reordered. 3 weeks later Lowes came out to install the doors. This time they did include handles which were to be brass. One was brass and one was silver. In addition, the dead bolt falls off in your hand every time you use it. On 7 9 Pella came out to but new handles on. They were the wrong handles. I called on 7 13 and was told that they were looking for instructions on how to install the handles. Today, 7 23 still waiting for handles. I have been told they are waiting to get them at the local Pella dealer and they could not be installed until 8 3. I will never again buy from Pella or Lowes. Their service is horrible. That is the nicest thing I can say.

Comments

• Ab
      1st of Jul, 2010

I've experienced many of the same problems with my Pella Architect Series Windows and Doors, including cladding problems, seal failure, spotting on the glass, rotting wood among other issues. These Pella windows and doors were installed throughout my house in 1995. Problems with the windows began less than 10 years after installation. Pella refuses to acknowledge these claims. On my website, onlinelitigationdiscovery.com, you can see photos detailing the defects with my Pella windows and doors.

I've very interested in hearing other people's similar experiences with Pella. If you have had these problems with Pella, please go to my website, onlinelitigationdiscovery.com and tell me your similar experience so that we may educate consumers. Thanks for your time! -A. Bailey