Litton Loan / Deceptive and Trecherous Practices

1 Fullerton, CA, United States Review updated:

The customer service in this company could be more adequately described as DISSERVICE.

Very rude, very obnoxious, and very discourteous. Non-humane personnel hired to belittle and bewilder any homeowner seeking assistance in earnest.

Fullerton, CA

Comments

• Is
      2nd of Sep, 2009

Litton mortgage approves loan modification, but instead of payments be lower they raised the payments,
    The use a company called Titaniun and the representative (Jasmine ) stated payments will be reduced.
    This is a big scam .

• So
      2nd of Dec, 2009

Litton Loan is owned by Goldman Sachs, one of the most powerful finacial institutions in the world. We made our
    pre-trail modification payments and they still auctioned our house with no prior warning. We need some large organization to file a class action suit! Also Litton Loan was given 1.1 billion in TARP funds.
    I now have to leave my home of 23 years in two weeks!

avondsm7220@yahoo.com

• Te
      19th of Dec, 2009

Litton Loan Joining the Group of Complaints
    Name: Question

I am losing my home. I received papers that the home could already have gone into foreclosure if a payment of over 6, 000 is not paid in 45 days. I was in modification starting June of 2009. I paid my 3 trial payments well before the required date, and waited to receive the final fixed payment information. It was not received.
    I made several attempts to get someone to talk to me. I found that some representatives were not concerned with your problems. The next week I received a new Work-out Plan which had no explanation as to why the first plan was not accepted. I called back and spoke to an unconcerned gentleman that relayed the fact that my new payment I received was based on my income. I told him that the income amount sent in was not the amount he quoted. With a nasty voice, he told me to pay the payments or go back to my regular payments which had now escalated to over $1600.00 a month .
    I finally talked to a supervisor that listened to my complaint. After looking over my income, he assisted me by emailing several supervisors to explain my concern.
    I received a letter on October 6th indicating that my first Work-out Plan amount filed in June of 09 was executed. It was signed by Litton Loan Servicing, me, and the Assistant Director.
    This payment was not in the system. Two days later, no updates were made. I received a telephone call from a person who said she made a mistake. She advised me that an update on this account was not going to be made because the Letter of Execution was never suppose to have been sent.
    Instead of honoring the letter because of this mistake, Litton continued to enforce the second Work-out Plan of $1318, which I could not afford. I was advised by a supervisor, not to send the new Work-out package back. I only needed to resend my income verification and a new hardship letter. I continued to send in the agreed upon amount of $930.05 until December.
    I received two letters by mail and a certified letter telling me that the second Work-out Plan's agreed upon amount of $1318. was not satisfied and that in order to bring the account up to date I needed to pay over $6, 000 in 45 days.

Update: Today, Saturday, December 19, 2009, I received a letter from Litton. It was not favorable It verified that an attempt for a new modification was received, and that it may take time to see if I qualify. Foreclosure papers will still be in effect unless payments are up to date. I am not able to borrow or get a loan for this amount.
    This is not fair!

I was told by a representative that when you pay your trial payments, you are not paying your whole monthly payment. Isn’t that why you asked for a modification? The payments made were put into an escrow account to help pay back what you owe. The escrow amounts are not a part of your statement received each month. There is no way of knowing what is happening to the trial payments you pay. These payments should be on your statements.
    There is no reason why I owe $6, 000? I paid $930.05 for 7 months. Doesn’t this money count?

• Ro
      30th of Dec, 2009

litton loan, promised us in writing that we were pre qualified for a loan restructure, they said it should be done in 45 to 60 days and tht all arrearages would be rolled into the new loan, 8 months later they said we didn't qualify.this was done a few days before the foreclousure sale. We relied on their statements and didn't take any other steps to refinance. We lost over 100, 000 in equity because of their lies. We recieved a letter the day after the sale stating that we were denied for many reasons, but without actually saying it, because of my age...I am starting a class action suit against litton...anyone who has been wronged please e mail me at rabele7@aol.com, we can beat the greedy ### togther

• Di
      31st of Dec, 2009

I whoelheartedly agree!!! I have been fighting with Litton fo over a year now to get a modification. They lie over and over again. I have been told we qualify and to submit various documents only to be told when I call back at the designated time to get an update that we were sumarily denied yet again b/c some document or other was not in the packet. A document that was never reqested- not initially nor subsequently during the "processing" of the modification request. It has been a nightmare. My loan adjusted up in February $200/month contrary to the terms of the loan. No one at Litton will help you. We consulted some lawyers who wanted @ $4000 up front to take our case. We have now applied for legal aide with our state hoping to get some help. It is a nightmare. We have a horrible loan and can't seem to get it fixed or get out of it without losing everything we have built.

• Fi
      13th of Jan, 2010

Please please please file a complaint with the:
    Texas Attorney General - https://www.oag.state.tx.us/forms/cpd/form.php
    Houston BBB - https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx

You can complete the file the complaint online. Prayerfully, if enough people ask the Attorney General to "Please stand up for the people. Please do the right thing and investigate this fraudlent company, freeze all foreclosure until justice is served." then justice will be served. Litton needs to be closed!!!

I realize Litton is not a member of the BBB and as of today has 717 compliants filed against them in the past 36 months. That is 19.9 complaints a month or 1 per business day.

I am determined for justice to be served!!!

• Di
      31st of Jan, 2010

they are fraudulent subprime scavangers give loans to people and expect them to pay outrageous interest increase. the government should close this company and take it over. they made enough money defrauding the public so their wallets will grow enough is enough lets ban together to close this monster

• Rw
      16th of Mar, 2010

I have been told 5 times now that I would get a loan modification!! Everytime I call to check on it I am told I make to much. That is crap. I got the information needed to qualify and it includes the P&I, Taxes and insurance according to the Making Home Affordable program. Litton would only use the P&I against the 31% ratio. I got the information from the goverment site and Litton told me I was wrong! So now here I am not knowing if my house will be sold at auction in 3 days because Litton drags their feet and always has a new excuse of why someone doesn't qualify. If you call and get a lady named Jada just hang up and talk to the wall. I am in the Real Estate feild and read all about all day and now I sit here waiting for the phone to ring, but nothing. What in the world are you to do? Any advice would be great. Email me at rworth80(zero)@comcast.net

• Ca
      30th of Mar, 2010

SCAMMMMMMMMM. I have been dealing with Litton Loan on a modification for eight months. They keep telling me I didn't fax this paperwork or that paperwork. I have sent 28 seperate faxes and mailed all the required documents in 11 times. Once they finanly told me everything was in they told me to keep calling back every week to see where I stand. Meanwhile as months go by I notice my credit score being destoryed due to 30 day late partial payments on my credit score. Of course I called them and they said don't worry about it they will fix it. Yeah right, more months go by and now I am on the brink of losing my job cause my credit score is below the minimum for my employer. Litton Loan is a joke and I would have never done this had I known this would happen. It has destroyed my credit, my family and soon my job. On top of that now I might lose my house. The sad thing is, is that these heartless thieves don't seem to mind. PLEASE HELP ANYONE...

• Mr
      5th of Apr, 2010

I'm noticing that Litton Loans is just a puppet for even a bigger bank. WELLS FARGO. Even though Litton services the loan, Wells Fargo is the investor. Which its their guidelines. My clients submitted a modification back in May 09 and received a denial in Jul 09. WOW. A bank making an answer within 60 days. Now Litton is not accepting a new application. What to do????

• Kj
      3rd of Jun, 2010

Thank you Litton Loan, it has been one year this month, that they my remortgaged home, I was at a 9.00 interest rate, they dropped it down to %5.5. I delt with the most greatest 2 people, Jared & Melanie, thank you. It took some time to remortgaged it, but that was my fault, all I can do is praise Litton Loan, Jared and Melanie, thank you, you made my life so much easier, and you helped me keep my home.

• Ha
      12th of Nov, 2010

My loan was bought by litton Loan, the first call I recieved was pleasant and friendly, then it all changed. It took months before I actually recieved any paperwork from them stating who they were and a business address. I paid my mortgage each month on time, but I recieved contstant phone calls from my "case manager" to remind me when my mortgage was due. Seriously, I know when its due, if like most people that is the biggest payment I make each month and that date looms over me until its paid. So why do I need to be constantly harrassed everyday to tell me the due date. Now the lastest phone call informed me that my mortage payment was $400.00 more this month. When I asked why they informed me that when they bought the mortgage from Suntrust that there must have been some fees outstanding. They then informed me that the fees were listed on the paperwork they sent me. I checked and under my monthly payment amount were the words "some fees". They think I am going to pay some statement with the words "some fees". I am requesting a total breakdown of these fees, but am sure I will not get a response. Will also report them to the Attorney General for what I consider unfair business practices.