Lincare Oxygen Care / poor service

1 Rockport, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 361-727-2694

I have permanently damaged lungs (COPD) as evaluated by two Respiratory Specialists (in El Paso, Tx & Corpus Christi, Tx). I will be on oxygen for the rest of my life. I have Mail Handlers Insurance (through my Government employment) and am not on Medicare. I presently have my liquid oxygen tank filled by Apria Healthcare (located in Corpus Christi, Tx). While I an thoroughly pleased with Apria Healthcare, they can only fill my tank once a month; Lincare can fill on a weekly basis. However, Lincare will not provide me with service even though they have been provided a current prescription from my doctor and they are on my Mail Handlers contract. Mail Handlers has verified to me that they would pay Lincare. I think they are lazy in not contacting Mail Handlers for whatever information they might need. I am extremely disappointed that they have denied me service and yet are on contract with my insurance company. It gives the impression of not really caring about the health needs of the customer.

Comments

• Wh
      27th of Apr, 2010

You can thank Medicare for Lincare's denial in accepting you as a new patient as all third party insurance companies follow guidelines set forth by Medicare. Medicare now pays only for 36 months rental of oxygen every 5 years. So if your in your 30th month or so, the new company would only be paid for 6 months of rental but they would have to continue to serve you for the remainer of the 5 year rental period (frmo the first time you received oxygen). Lincare would not make any money so they denied you. Since Medicare continues to drop payment to suppliers for medical equipment, you will see less and less services. For example, only getting refills once a month instead of weekly or less servicing on your machine. It's sad to say, but Medicare has now screwed the working people.

• Ho
      17th of Apr, 2012

The 36 month cap does not apply to liquid oxygen. There is no reason they should not take you besides the fact they don't care...