LightInTheBox.comstay far away from this company

I made a purchase last week, I paid via PayPal, suddenly next day I received an email from: [protected]@system.lightinthebox.com telling me I had a message on my account on Lightinthebox.com, the message said they needed a picture of mi credit card and id card to ensure that I was the owner of my credit card, to this I replied that I did not understood why did they needed this information if I had paid thru PayPal?, even more now that I think about it how did you knew I used a credit card? It could have been a checking account ... to this they respond with a new message this time in French, I do not speak French so I had to translate it via Google and even though I’m sure the translation is not perfect what I got from it was that mi PayPal account could not be verified. So I talked to PayPal, they asked me NOT TO SHARE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT MY CREDITCAR AS IT COUD BE SOME KIND OF FRAUD. I tried reaching them thru their mail, their chat and their stupid 24 hour service tiocket sistem, non of theme worked, the lady at the chat didnt know what she was talking about and then she just let me there and went away, their mail they just didnt respond and of course the 24 hour sistem hasn´t return my message. On paypal i see the money went thru, so why dont they just send my items? why do they need a picture of my credit card?? does anyone else finds this a little suspicious??

Ka
Feb 06, 2013

Comments

• Li
      Feb 07, 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for shopping with us and telling us about your experience. Please send us your order number, so that Customer Service can find you in our system. In the meantime, you can open a Customer Service ticket and you will be able to check the progress of your request by accessing My Tickets on our website. Follow this link to view the ticket center: http://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_center, and our customer service team will help you there.

LightInTheBox