Light In The Box / poor customer service/dress made wrong the wrong size!

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I should have listened to my husband!!

Instead, I was swayed by the professional looking website and online chatting with a sales rep... DO NOT BE FOOLED!!!

I ordered a formal dress for a wedding. I had it "professionally tailored" to fit my specific body type. The dress came. I tried it on anxiously. Then to my utter disbelief, disgust and dissapointment the dress fit me like a tent! It was HUGE. It fell off me. I stood bewildered in front of the mirror trying to hitch it up. I measured the waist of the dress. Get ready for this... My waist is 27 inches. THAT was the measurement I gave to Lightinthebox.com. The dress measured a waist of 37 INCHES!!! TEN inches too big! AND it was much longer than the picture showed on the model.

SOOOO I tried to call on the phone to talk to a customer service rep. This is the great part- THERE IS NO NUMBER TO BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE!!! Yes, I was a fool to not realize this before I made the purchase.

HOWEVER they are very quick to chat if you are interested in BUYING THEIR MERCHANDISE. This built my confidence because I spoke several times with someone before I bought the dress.
BUT here is where they are sneaky. ..

When I tried to chat with someone as I did with such ease when I wanted to make a purchase, they suddenly sent me to a box to submit my request and I was told I would be contacted by customer service within 24 hours!

WHAT A JOKE!

I then clicked on the box to chat with a rep as if I was going to buy something. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY SOMEONE WILL TALK TO YOU. I asked if they have an 800 number to call. I was told they have "no phone service at his time." HUH?!?!

To make a LONG story a little shorter I called my credit card company. I spoke with someone that disputes charges, and much to my great relief they credited my account. I sent that awful dress back IMMEDIATELY! I was very fortunate because I used paypal. My credit card company said if I didn't they would have had to jump through hoops to get an address to send it back too.

It was a waste of my TIME and it could be a waste of YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE! I feel so bad for any of you that did not get your money back!

I spent half the day trying to figure out how to resolve this and my husband had the pleasure of saying "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Comments

• Li
      26th of Aug, 2010

Hello There,

LightInTheBox.com would first like to take the time to apologize for the unpleasant experiences that you have had while shopping with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and comments, as we truly appreciate any opportunity to improve. In actuality, the "box" you mentioned in your review was the correct way to [protected] Customer Service, and they would have given you a return address.

As there was no order number included in the complaint, would it be possible for you to provide more details? Please email [protected]@lightinthebox.com with your order number and [protected] information and we will begin the process of looking into your complaint.

Again, we are very sorry about this misunderstanding, and sincerely hope that we can fix it for you.

Kind Regards,

Grace
    LightInTheBox.com

• Bj
      2nd of Jun, 2011

I totally agree with the review above, I too was fooled by the way they made it so easy to chat to a rep befor you make a purchase. They have the most rigid and unprofessional customer service that I have ever seen. I orderded a dress based on the fake measurements on their website, but the dress ended up hanging on me like a tent- I contacted customer support and they are asking me to do an elaborate photo shoot of myself, the dress and the measurements etc- who has time for all that crap- dress is too big, period, what part of that is too difficult to understand? Merchants go through hassle-free exchanges and refund every single day! (I am recommending Kohls.com for great selection, excellent quality, and most importantly easy exchanges and refund- so silly photo shoot required!) I wasn't even asking for a refund, i was asking for an exchange because I really like the dress- All tags and original packagings are still intact, but they still would not budge- I really regret shopping with this stiff company and even recommeded them to all my friends- I am so irritated- I will have to contact my credit card company to cancel my new order with them...and ask all my friends to beware...

• Je
      7th of Oct, 2013

have not received my order yet...i paid on sept 10th 2013

• St
      8th of Oct, 2013

Don't trust this company

You buy something, agree to price and post. Once it is paid and shipped DHL send a message wanting import taxes!
    None of this is made clear when you buy the item.

No phone number
    No email address
    Very difficult to deal with.

But sure they have become very rich out of this so well done!

• Uc
      21st of Oct, 2013

Recently bought an item from light in the box through ebay, The item was a sterio for my car at the price of 225.00 and it stopped working 60 days after I recieved it. Could not get a hold of them and they refused to answer my emails through ebay or their website.

This company is discusting and just a bunch of chinese rip off artists. BEWARE OF LIGH IN THE BOX

THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF. You have been warned.

31st of Dec, 2013

I had stuff sitting in the cart with no way to cancel and they so co-opted the account and sent the jewelry with no sales receipt They are scam artists

• Dd
      27th of Aug, 2014

This company SUCKS!! There is no real way of contacting them once they have your money!! I would be taking them to small claims but of course they are in China and this doesn't exist!! I keep getting a questionaire and asked to place "Tickets" to get a reply from them.

PLEASE, WHAT EVER YOU DO, DON'T EVER USE THIS COMPANY OR "MINI IN THE BOX"

25th of Sep, 2014

Hello lightinthebox
    Im look for my tiger tank order 1409050809031215
    is it lost in space ?
    I did order it 5 september 2014
    I got a mail it say they did ship it at the 14 september
    But when i call delivery service they say its not shipt yet.
    Soo were is it?

• Ha
      5th of Nov, 2014

dear light in the box,
    is this a joke? i ordered several things from your website in 24.August 2014 and unfortunately we are now in November and i didn't receive anything. but the funny part I'm receiving email from your website to ask me to confirm the reception of the order. And i tried to contact you several times by phone and the emails but sadly no one answered. i would be glad if you tell me where is my order now. and i hope I'm not getting fooled by you guys.

Best regards,
    Hala

• Je
      19th of Dec, 2014

I am getting upset, their is no way to contact you guys! when I had ordered my first order it had promised that I would get it before chrismas, I even payed extra for shipping and it has not even been sent yet, and with my second order, I need it by the 29th of dec at the very latest! I am not wanting to right a bad review about you guys considering you have so many already, I was also going to recommend all my friends to shop on your site but If I don't get my orders on the dates I had asked I will not be recommending you guys to all my friends.

first oreder 1412141610707549 needs to be at my house by December 24th 2014

second oreder1412152210731872 needs to be at my house by December 28t 2014.

please note that I have a lot of friends and family that have their own businesses and would be spending thousands of dollars through you guys on a regular basis if you can meet my requests, witch should not be hard considering I had been promised the orders would come on those dates and I payed extra to get them by those dates!

please contact me asap

jessee parker

• Bi
      14th of Jul, 2015

I made an order on the 14th of May and i chose payment with bank transfer.
    I paid, i have the receipt of payment and probably you think I am stupid.

My order's total was 67.17 Euro + plus the 15 euro charge as fee for the transfer of money. As you see at the attachment i have paid totally my order +plus the fee. Total 82.17 Euro! I have the bill from the bank!
    I HAVE THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT FROM THE BANK!!! AND THEY DONT ACCEPT IT...

In the ticket with number 9473722 i received the message:
    "Dear Customer,
    Thanks for your purchase of MiniInTheBox.
    Your payment is not complete. We received € 44.17, € 23.00 are still missing. Most likely you have not taken into account the costs of the bank applied by the bank is the part of both the paid receipt."

This is anacceptable. I sent them the receipts and they fool me around by sending me the same mail again and again:

"We have received your Remittance Amount 44.17 EUR
    . For your order 13119877 the total amount is 67.17 EUR
    . Balanced paymen: -23.00 EUR"

I spoke with the bank and the told me that only one fee for the transfer of money is charged, the one I already paid!!!

In the second ticket with No 9652124 I had to cancel my order because you are playing with your guests!!! This is unacceptable!!! I am very dissapointed.

5th of Aug, 2015

I made a order I send a million messages and no reply I made the 27th July now it's August this is so upsetting

• Sn
      18th of Aug, 2015

I order my dress in Royal Blue but ended up I received Black color. I really hated black color dress. I try to search for the refund, the website ask me to click customer service and click My order to look for the my order details, but when I click My order, the details of my order is empty. I can't do anything now. I can't contact them through email or phone. So irritating and upset. Will never never never order from this company again... this is really fool !!!

• In
      20th of Aug, 2015

Hallo
    Ik zal deze product nog gekregen van jullie graag horen.
    I. Santan

• Me
      23rd of Aug, 2015

Light in box got scam written all over website consumers when their no info email-phone number-
    alo have a lot clitches difficulty filling up cart, customer service caters to orders which are
    problems too wrong item, no item delivered insufficient tracking etc.Refunds are obtainable
    hough pay pal-clickbank-clicksure-amazon-ebay and your bank get your refund when seller does not provide info
    is a bab sign, consumr report complaint to servers google other online complaint post but always do a review
    on produts-servies online before ordering iff its good or bad their is aways testimonies bout products, when your
    satisfied or unsatisfied post a review just be aware money game playrs online peace diamond esq

• Kg
      24th of Aug, 2015

I have also placed an order on the 14th of July with 20 days delivery estimate and now is 40 days, I cant even trace the order with the link provided, you go to the website they don't provide any means of contacting them, so it looks like i was scammed.

• He
      29th of Oct, 2015

Help Please!!! I ordered my daughters Halloween costume from here. The first problem was that when I ordered it said the latest it would arrive was the 28th but after ordering said It would be here on the 31st which is a problem for me. What if I need to make adjustments? I submitted a ticket but got no response. I check it today and it shows it has been delieverd. Of course I haven't received it. I don't have the money to buy her another costume and it will take days to get it refunded to me. I cant find any way to contact this company. Can anyone please help?

• Se
      13th of Nov, 2015

Lightinthebox, DO NOT TRUST THEM!!! I placed an order which after almost 2 months later never received and they cancelled my account so that I cannot get refund!! DO NOT TRUST THOSE MOTHER[censored]RS!!!

• Re
      14th of Dec, 2015

i ordered 2 ps3 controllers from this company on the 4th on DEC it said 6-8 days that i paid for n still have now received any replies from the company about my products which upset me because this was a Christmas gift for my son i have sent several complaints asked to be contacted and still have no reply do not use this company

• Af
      6th of Jan, 2016

Ridiculous DONT BUY FROM LIGHT IN THE BOX

I bought a dress and paid for expedited delivery however it took them over a week for it to be shipped. I then bought a gorgeous dress from ASOS for my dinner. I sent them an email that I don't need it anymore as it didn't not shipped as expedited it rather standard even though I paid for that. However they still shipped it and I had to send the postman back with it. It's been over 6weeks now and no one has replied to any of my emails nor any refund. It is DARK IN THE BOX not LIGHT. Shame on you all at fake light or should I say DARK IN THE BOX.

Be warned... DONT BUY FROM THIS CRAP COMPANY

• Do
      2nd of Jul, 2018

@Afua85 How can we get this horrible scammer company shut down?
    Anyone have any ideas?
    They ripped me off. They are blatantly stealing our money.