Lift SP / Charges on credit card for unordered product

0 PO Box 2468-LFTRiverton, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-897-0664

www.yourownperfectface.com advertised a free, no obligation sample of
Lift SP wrinkle cream for a shipping charge of $4.95. The print out receipt
for this product stated only that LiftSP would be shipped within 3-5 business
days, and my order number. No other obligations, memberships, or charges
were on this receipt or stated anywhere on the website.
I received the product. On my next credit card, I was charged 79.95 plus the $4.95 shipping charge. I called the company and they said that it was stated on the website that I would be charged $79.95 if I did not cancel my membership within 10 days. There was nothing written on the website or the receipt I printed out that said any such thing. I told them that-- and they refused to refund the $79.95 charge to my credit card. I am in the process of disputing this charge with my credit card company. I feel that Lift SP has engaged in consumer fraud and unauthorized use of my credit card account. Thank you.

Comments

• El
      5th of Mar, 2009

I read article supposedly written by a Susan Reynolds from LANGLEY, CANADA, which seemed genuine, so I ordered a "FREE TRIAL" of Lift SP via a link on this woman's page. No where on the form does it say the "free" item is shipped from U.S., nor does it say the cost is in US funds; nor does it say if order is cancelled that the SHIPPING AND HANDLING are NON-REFUNDABLE! After printing out my application, I noticed at the bottom of last page in very small printing (had to get a magnifying glass) that the charges would be ONGOING, so IT IS NOT FREE! Within TWO hours I phoned to cancel, but the girl said she couldn't cancel--my order is "not on the computer" and "it takes 24 hours to process"..."call back in 24 hours". Also called my credit card company to cancel my A/C. This was around 10 p.m. Next morning around noon ---about 11 HOURS later, I phoned again to Lift SP and the girl said "already shipped"! I told her to cancel order--I wouldn't accept it . Charges showed up on my account for $37, 32 (NOT "FREE" ) AND $6.17 US S&H (NOT $4.95 Cdn). This is now in dispute.

• Ka
      12th of Mar, 2009

WOW...I just got frauded also...I was charged 106.00 Cdn on my credit card - for my FREE TRIAL...I have called my credit card company and just got off the phone with Life SP...on and on about the "Terms and Conditions"...the customer service rep finally agreed to refund my money b/c if my product was opened I cannot send this back - I just discovered this unautorized charge today! (recieved the product yesterday) oh and my 'membership window to cancel' had expired. Anyway, just so everyone knows - I will never order antying else on a pop up add from Facebook!!! I am very angry and feel stupid!
    DON'T order this Lift SP - it says "Free Trial" but it's not!
    Ottawa, Canada

• Sp
      30th of Mar, 2009

Don't feel stupid; they very purposefully tried to mislead you into believing it really was a free trial. Dr. Steven Jepson who is profiting the most from the Lift SP sales ought to be put in jail.

• Ka
      5th of Jul, 2009

Maybe a class action lawsuit is just what DRI and Jepson need in order to stop doing business this way.