Lifeberry - Acai Berry Boostdebiting my checking account without my permission

1 Review updated:

On July 10th I ordered a FREE trial sample of acai berry as advertised on the Weather Channel website. The website displayed clippings from Racheal Ray, The Today Show, Do Oz and others so I figured it was not a scam. I never received my sample but the $4.95 shipping was taken out of my account. Then today another $87.13 was taken out of my account, I did not authorize this deduction as the web site states you have 14 days to try the sample before deciding to order - I never received a sample. I called them and after waiting 1/2 hour someone came on the line and told me the charge does not appear on their records and I would have to call back in a few days. I want my account credited and this deduction stopped.

Lm

Comments

• Sl
      Aug 11, 2009

When you give a site your credit card information, you have authorized them to take money out of your account. Never give a site your account info, even for free stuff. Because, that just made it "not free." You're never going to see your money again. Only suggestion is either close the account or dispute the charge. But, I'm willing to bet, they're going to keep charging your account. You just got scammed. You could put a stop pay on the charge, but that only works if the charge is the same amount. If it's different, even by one cent, it will go through.