LIC / Delay and inefficiency in handling policies

India Review updated:
I am a LIC Policy holder (Policy no: 39197ssss) registered at the Vaikom Branch, Kottayam(Dist), Kerala. I have paid the premium for the period of Nov 2005 to Jan 2006.

I am currently working in Bangalore and I have informed LIC office (Branch Office-1, Bangalore) to have my premium deductions through my monthly salary (I have given this request at the time of obtaining this policy), but no steps have been taken in this regard till now.

I have send a mail regarding this to mm.bangalore-do1@licindia.com, but didn?t get any replies since 2 months.

I feel very bad about the way in which such organizations are handling the customers.

N  29th of Oct, 2007 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am policyholder of LIC, my policy no is 416994017, and my agent code no is 10685426. I sent a cheque of rupees 1402.00 (cheque no 296546) against of my premium dated on 28.09.07. They give a money receipt. After a few days I went to my bank for updating my passbook. I saw 100 rupees they cut from my account dated on 01.10.07. Bank explained my cheque was send back, but I was sufficient money in my account. After 28 days I have not get any information or letter form LIC and they not sent my returned cheque. My agent told me your policy it‘ll be forfeited, if I want to continue this policy I have to pay penalty with this premium. Why LIC not informed me? Why I ‘ll pay extra money for their negligence? Pls clarify me. If I not told my agent my policy would be forfeited. Please be aware and always keep in touch with your valuable customer. Don’t misguide them.

Thanking You.
Dibyendu Mazumder.
A  8th of Nov, 2007 by
I had taken a policy from LIC and I am struggling to get my money back for past one year. I was given a name of the person to contact but it seems they pretend to be too busy doing nothing.
No response to e mail, phone calls and what so ever.

Well I am now planning to put a Legal Persuit again LIC India in the consumer Courtand let us see how things turn down.

Hoping for the best. One thing to tell Consumer Courts are really doing a good Job. I hope they will keep there spirits up and help others like me.
N  13th of Dec, 2007 by
Yes, the customer service of LIC is very poor, Last week I Paid my premium through online by using LIC web site. but I could not get the duplicate receipt by clicking the receipt option. It shoing the receipt number but not showing the receipt. Regarding that I called the chennai call center numbers 28602626 and 28602629 both are not in use. Still in the LIC web site they are given the same above numbers as contact numbers.

See How they are responding to customers???
N  3rd of Feb, 2008 by
deposited matured sss policy number 04663476 on 14/11/2007 at your career agent branch office,Ranchi near Srivishnu talkies mainroad Ranchi 834001 and sent reminder on 18/01/2008 for credit of maturity proceed to bank of baroda ranchi branch acc. number 00170100009789 in my favour and cheque for the same be sent C/o Mr Gokul Mitra, M/S Rupa agencies Ranchi 834002 but till date i have neither recieved the same nor any communication from career agent branch.

Reference : Career agent branch acknowledgement number mty/dr/3510 dated 14/11/07
N  29th of Apr, 2008 by
I am a policy holder in lic and i hold four policies. last year i was working in shivamogga and gave a policy to money plus (n0.625545078), aggreeing to half yearly premium of 5000 rs. Now i am transfered to bangalore, and on 28/4/08 i went to St.Marks road branch to pay the premium in one of the counters on the first floor. But, the lady on the counter, rejected to accept the premium, saying that should be paid only in the concerned branch. when i asked for the reason, she refused to talk anything else, and repeating her advice to contact the concerned branch. In front of other policy holders she created a nasty 'scence' through her beauracratic way of dealing with the issue. This hurted me a lot and i have lost the regards i had for lic.

In the earlier complaint sent i had just sent, there was a spelling mistake for 'transfered' (transformed). So i am sending a corrected mail.
N  11th of May, 2008 by
last two statement not received(01.09.2007 to 31032008) pl.send me.thank you
N  27th of May, 2008 by

sub:Policy no:115382717 of k.sivanantham
Ref: First Premium receipt no:0147822 dt.07/03/08
Branch Office Code:310, Janpath, New Delhi.

With refernce to the above, I wish to inform you the following:
1. My name is mentioned in the receipt K.Sivantham instead of K.Sivanantham.
2.I yet to receive my Policy.

Sir, already I sent one letter to the above office in respect of the above discrepancies but they not responded to my letter.

Once again I request you to take up the matter with concerned officials and arrange to send my policy in the name K.Sivanantham.If not possible kindly cancel the above Policy and refund my premium amount immediately.

I am very much regeret for your inefficency service.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

A  30th of Jun, 2008 by
To: LIC/Branch Manager,

This is with reference to you email; I was ironically confused reading the reply sent by your branch manager. I would like to inform you that I had received an intimation for other six policies 902599989/99993/99995/99996/9999/902600001 and intimation for 902599991 was not been sent. Can I know the reason why I was not sent intimation for that as I received for the rest? Moreover as a branch manager it should be your duty and responsibility to look into the matter rather than giving an stupid answer act of courtesy and non-receipt of the same cannot be cited as a reason for non-payment of premium in time. It’s a busy world and each and every individual as a busy schedule so it’s not possible for everyone to keep a track of a particular thing. As a branch manager it should be your responsibility to care for your customers and can you please express how as a branch manager you show your responsibility of caring in this matter. With more Insurance companies entering India every day I am sure this attitude of yours will make a bad impression of LIC in the minds of the people.

LIC: Can you please waive off the late fee and interest and send me the needed amount I need to pay, I will make the payment with immediate effect as incase you see my previous records with policy numbers 902599989/99993/99995/99996/9999/902600001 payments are made on time.

Branch Manager: I would request you to be more appropriate to your job and learn some customer satisfaction skills and learn to deal to deal with your customers for which you are being appointed rather than giving such foolish replies.

Roshan Mendonca

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and intended only for the addressee named above. If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.

--- On Mon, 6/30/08, BO_921 wrote:

From: BO_921
Subject: Your Pol. No.902599991
To: roshan.mendonca@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, June 30, 2008, 9:34 AM

With reference to your mail, we have to state that the premium intimationis sent as an act of courtesy and non-receipt of the same cannot be citedas a reason for non-payment of premium in time. We are arranging to send you the revival quotation by post. Kindly arrange to comply with the requirements as per the quotation to enable us to revive your policy. BRANCH MANAGERBR.921"The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at LIC OF INDIA or co_mailadmin@licindia.com immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. The views expressed in this E-mail message / Attachments, are those of the individual sender."
N  22nd of Aug, 2008 by

Plz. send the statement.
N  30th of Sep, 2008 by
I am an agent in Hosur(tamilnadu) branch. I made two policies of New bima gold & Market plus-1 in the begining of the august. But the policy holders still didn't recieve the BOND for these policies. I have enquired in the branch office, where I didn't get any response.They are saying that bonds will come in next week . This is the answer i am getting every time.For earlier policies also i have quaralled with the office assistant.This problem is keep on repeating.I am not able to answer the policy holders. PLZ TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION ON THIS OTHER WISE I WILL SEND SAME COMPLAINT TO IRDA FOR FURTHER ACTION.

K.V.Ravindra choudari
N  7th of Oct, 2008 by
One of my my friend based at Pune- Maharashtra, was working as LIC agent since last 6 months. Looking into speed of the progress registered by Private Life Insu. Companies, my friend resigned from LIC Agentship [ Resignation submitted to LIC Office Pune, stting the reason that she want to prosper with other Private Life Insu. Company. This new company suggested to bring NOC [ No Objection Certificate ] from LIC, Pune. When my friend approached LIC, Pune office and applied for NOC, she was orally replied that such an NOC can not be given and given one reply in writing that her resignation has been forwarded to Head Office of LIC of India, asked her in the same letter, why she want to resign form LIC Agent responsibility? To this, she once again replied the same answer. But till today she could not get NOC from LIC Office, Pune. This has stopped her from depositing new business for the New Private Life Insu. Company for which she is interested to build her career. Pl. suggest the proper guidelines and channels and procedure to obtain such NOC from LIC of India, Pune office. This is I think attack on our Fundamental Right offered to us. Can't somebody change the organisation for his convenience? I look forward for your help in this regard.
N  17th of Jan, 2009 by
I want to pay premium online but my policy 464418097 is not displaying in pay premium online hyperlink 10 days back i had given complain but still it is not showing
A  26th of May, 2009 by
I am working as a LIC agent code No.0215458c, under DO code 1280057 and branch code: 58C. I want a No Objection certificate from LIC for which I have applied through the DO to the Branch office but the DO and branch manager both unnecessarily making me to run here and there.
I want this Urgent for my livelihood. I have no other source for earning so I need No objection for working under some other finance company.
Any how we are working in India LIC is a very big company and if I will resign LIC is not going to loose any thing.So please advise the Branch Manager, Branch Code: 58C for Issuing Immediately my No Objection Certificate. Expecting an early positive result. My Phone No: 09437647478.
N  31st of Jul, 2009 by
my pan card has not resiva my pan card namber cfmp32586g my nam is shelaj sharma
N  1st of Aug, 2009 by
my pan card not recive my pan card no.CFMPS2586G my name is SHELAJ SHARMA
D  13th of Sep, 2009 by
Dear Sir,

I am a insurance advisor with TATA AIG LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY LTD. at Ludhiana branch pakhowal road. I am willing to switch to other compny but concern authority is not sending N.O.C letter. I have already submitted resignation letter to the company. and have been waiting for my N.O.C. kindly suggest me how to get N.O.C as soon as possible.

Charanjeet Kaur
Advisor Code 4152470
Licence No 1534115
N  20th of Sep, 2009 by
I am a client of LIC market plus.It was said in premium receipt that units alloted would be intimated saperately, but I have not got any information regarding allotment of units since opening of policy.I
submitted applications in written to send my account status on my e mail id, but no action was taken
yet.I also requested to send me customer id to see my account status, but no action was taken
yet.Details of my policies are given below:-
1.MARKET PLUS-POLICY NO.537329017, Premium Rs.20000, AGENT-05657531, DO-000086
2.MARKET PLUS-POLICY NO.537016982, Premium Rs.10000, AGENT-00856515, DO-0000962
3.LIFE INSURANCE-POLICY NO.535351819, Premium Rs.1128/half yearly, AGENT-00856515, DO-0000962
4.LIFE INSURANCE-POLICY NO.535932868, Premium Rs.5147, AGENT-00856515, DO-0000962
E-Mail id-pkjha0210@yahoo.com
N  29th of Sep, 2009 by
It is very regret to say that your LIC Branch, Chakradharpur, West Singhbhum is no smooth functioning & giving the service to your insured customers, so called bad name of LIC branch, Chakradharpur.
I the undersigned has gone to said branch for releasing of Policy Bond, but it is my unfortunate that the dealer Mr. JUNAS abscond himself since 12.30 hrs to 15.30 hrs. I asked some lady staff who is available there, she told that now lunch time he will come back 14.00 hrs. but 2 hrs. has gone Mr. JUNAS didn't come on his seat at 15.30 hrs., Then I approached to your Branch Manager & Asstt. Branch Manager they said he will come after lunch. I astonished that what is lunch time 2 or 3 hrs. ABM & BM's behaviour is also not good. 1.00 hrs. to 3.00 hrs some 6 staff are playing Carom, but they did not work on his seat.
Tow deposit counter is available but no cash checking & counting machine available, so lot of time taken by cashier. One agent taken lot of renewal premium in one slip and stand on queue so needy policy holder get too much inconvenient in queue for depositing renewal premium. I also suggest you kindly open one extra counter for insured policy holder customer.
Therefore, I approached to your kind honour kindly surprised check and visit the Chakradharpur, Branch whose time-table of office hour is not maintained by your staff and take Disciplinary action against him. Otherwise called bad name of LIC, Chakradharpur Branch due to miscreant/misbehave by LIC staff.
Your remedial action is highly solicited.
Thanking you in anticipation,
Dt: 27/09/2009 Chakradhapur
West Singhbhum
Mob: 9430391873
N  18th of Dec, 2009 by
I am a LIC Policy holder (Policy no: 776371191, 775564165) registered at the Ottaplam Branch-775) i would like to inform you add my full address in your system.

Presently System Address:-

1. Policy No: 775564165
Branch-Ottapalam Branch-775
Name of the Nominee/Assignee

Presently System Address:-

2. Policy No: 776371191
Branch-Ottapalam Branch-775
Name of the Nominee/Assignee

please correction both policy number's address & nominee name:-
1. 775564165 - Nominee: PRABHAKARAN NAIR
2. 776371191- Nominee: PARUKUTTY AMMA

Kindly look into the matter please correction my address & nominee name and after reply to me this mail id:-balanpnair@yahoo.co.in, balanpnair1983@gmail.com.

Best Regards,
Balasubrahmanian v.k
N  8th of Mar, 2010 by
lic agents are simply cheating common people by offering big benefits and returns.
i have two ulip policies, now i am a big looser, i beleive the agent and never told me about charges of ulip, as i understand ulip is a big cheating, other policies are far better than ulips. agent told me only to pay three years, now saying i have to pay five years to get anything, this is also cheating, after five years no guarantee, if market come down i have to suicide no other way. LIC IS MOTHER ###ER