Liberty Mutualhome owners insurance

My homeowners insurance was just recently cancelled for no reason what so ever, other than Liberty Mutual stating that they are randomly cancelling homeowners insurance in Florida because they are not insuring in this state no longer. I received a letter from them four mouths after my policy was paid up for the year, (they couldn't wait to get my money just so they could cancel me later). I had been with Liberty mutual for approximately 10 years. I also had my auto and flood insurance with them for approximately the same amout of time.

Upon receiving my letter of cancellation for no apparent reason I asked my neighbor if her insurance was cancelled since she had Liberty Mutual as well. She stated she had not been cancelled and just a few months down the line I was told by her that they renewed her insurance for the new year.

It is beyond comprehension as to why they would cancel me and not cancel her insurance. Her house is right next to my house and she has done nothing to increase her protection.

Every year I have made it a point to invest and increase the safety of my home for hurricane proofing. I am now working on high impact windows because the shutters I have are not up to code because of the year my house was built.

I again called just today and asked why my insurance was cancelled and they cannot give me any reason other than they randomly picked certain customers. I would like to know how they could ramdomly pick someone who is right next door to a house that they recently renewed the policy on and not renew my policy. I don't see any justification, her house is not as safe as my house and if my house is hit by a hurricane, her house is in the same path and makes her just as susceptable to damage as my house would be.

Liberty Mutual is ridiculously unfair to their dedicated customers and should not be allowed to just cancel insurance without no justification, other than picking people at random. On the contrary they should maintain dedicated customers who are less likely to have damage because they are improving the safety of their homes.

At this point and time I initially cancelled my auto insurance and will be cancelling my flood insurance. There is no plans in the future to insure with Liberty Mutual even if they asked, but I want this to be on record for potential consumers.

Thanks Liberty Mutual for being dedicated to your best customers, you are a bunch of liars.

Comments

• 10
      Nov 17, 2010

Liberty Mutual is a joke.
    I had a simple claim for damage to my basement floor tile and after two months I still have not received full reimbursement. I had to pay my deductible plus the additional cost for installation. If you have a liberty mutual policy...Go sign up with another company today.

• So
      Dec 06, 2011

Because the STATE of FLORIDA told them they had too!!! Really people need to understand that insurance companies are under the regulations of the government. Deal with it or move out of FLORIDA... it is the way it is in Florida... surely the company would have loved to keep you because you were a good customer... but they have had no choice because your state sucks and told them they could not pick only the bad customers... Second of all Mr. Feed up... Maybe some people need to learn to pay for things on their own and stop being irresponsible in filing small claims because your the reason why our insurance rates are sky rocketing!!! Grow up and look at yourselves, you should be ashamed at yourselves for complaining about things that you can not control and learn to be someone who stops with all the rotten attitudes in this world!!! Really????

•   May 09, 2012

I have to agree with everyone's comments and with the post. I guess we all have to make sure we pick the right insurance company or at least the best one to deal with. Doesn't matter if we make complaints or not because We Have that Right to make a complaint. If complaints was never made then We would not know what might be happening to another person so that We could make a better judgment for Us. Now that I know and understand how things work, I can make a better judgment what insurance company should I sign with and the best policy for myself