LG DVD Player / poor customer service!

1 India Review updated:

I purchased a DVD player in February 2006 from LG electronics in Chennai. I started having problems in the month of September and lodged a complaint on the 28th of September 2006 with LG call center. I was told that my complaint would be acted upon within 24 hours. After the expiry of 24 hours I again called the call center and was told again that it would be acted upon immediately. The next day I got a call from a Technician asking me the nature of the problem. When I explained it to him, he said that it was a problem with the lens and that they did not have stock at the moment but would receive stock in 4 days time and that he would come and rectify the fault. That was on the 30th of September. Till date I have made 15 calls to the call center and 10 calls to the Authorized Service center and still get the same reply - Parts not available. I even wrote 2 mails to LG but have not received any reply. What should I do? What should a customer do to get service which is rightly due to him? My DVD is still under warranty. I asked the call center person to give the number of anyone else I could speak to but could not go any further. These big Multi-Nationals hide behind their call center personal and come out only to receive awards and such but dont have the decency or the guts to face/answer a genuine grievance. The service center I spoke to was HIFI Solutions in Chennai.

Somebody Help me.

Su

Comments

• Mi
      29th of Nov, 2006

I bought an LG DVD recorder from Makro (Springfield Park - Durban) in July 2005. After only a few months of use the tuner packed in so when I wanted to record all I got was a rolling picture. I took it (as per Makro instructions) to the LG factory in Marion Hill for repairs. They fixed the problem but recently it has started doing this again. The problem now is that the item is out of guarantee.

I am furious that I paid top money for a completely rubbish product. Makro are still stocking these LG DVD recorders and I would like to warn all comsumers to steer clear of LG products - don't believe the hype - they are not cheap rubbish, they are expensive rubbish!!!

12th of Dec, 2006

Beware! LG sucks!
    Worst Customer support

HIFI solution in Chennai is the company whom they have hired to provide support in Chennai (disrespectful company)

I completely accept the complaint that LG maintains absolutely disrespecting and dishonoring their consumers. They have taken things for granted, just concentrating on their sales. Well I don't know whether this is the behavior of just this service center HIFI solution in Chennai or is it a general behavior of LG. They have a manager who never speaks to the customer and the in-office staff would shout at you, if you ask for the manager.

All started like this I purchased a LG29 inch TV from Jayam & Co at Annanagar in Chennai, the TV that they delivered is defective. It had a vertical line running from top to bottom about 10 cms from the left end. I took two days to confirm that it is not a problem with the TV connection or DVD player, I borrowed a Sony DVD player from my friend and checked, it confirmed that the TV I bought has some problem. I have to mention that I also tried changing the connecting cables that runs between the TV and DVD player , I launched a complaint on 8th of Nov where the first agent who answered my call didn’t give me complaint number but he told that a service engineer would attend the TV that evening . Service engineer did not turn up and on the second call I received a complaint number. I made about 7 calls and finally the technician came on 15th Nov . Just as I thought that the technician would complain about the cables, he did. Then I had to tell him that I am BE electrical and electronics engineer though I don’t know everything I know something. Very poor technicians.

He said that a software update or the firmware update has to done on the TV’s board but as he did not have the tools with him to remove the board, he would collect the board next day. He came on 22nd Nov picked the board and he went and after several calls to him he came on 28th , same board all soldered every where . After fixing the board he tried turning it , Ha now the TV is completely dead . He promised to replace the TV. It took about 3 days time somebody from HIFI solutions took the TV for replacement promising that the TV will be delivered on 9th Dec and today while writing on this forum I am frustrated by their worst service.

Have you people tried this website check this link below send an email to the email support available on this page, guess what will happen?
    www.lgezbuy.com
    Nothing will happen that’s how responsible LG is !

LG sucks & have worst customer support!

• Ms
      6th of Feb, 2007

LG sucks plain and simple.

I had a very nice pleasant conversation (bitter conversation) with one of the warranty adviser about replacing my cell phone battery still under the one year warranty. Obviously LG warranty is to send the old battery to them and wait 15 to 20 days without phone. That sucks. I told costumer support that is not acceptable and I will not stay without phone. I proposed to accommodate me. Did not want to help at all. I ask her to transfer me to the manager but she refused to do so. I am so ashamed of LG. I own 2 LG cell phones + electronics. But now I just want to get ride of them and never buy LG product.

Do they honestly think I will stay without a phone for a month waiting for a new battery…. NOT IN THIS CENTURY!. Shame on LG!. Costumer care??? WHERE???

In the past (3 month ago) Motorola gladly sent to me a replacement battery (for my daughter cell phone) and upon receipt I sent back the old one with their pre-paid envelop. That is what I call business to accommodate client.

STAY AWAY FROM LG.......

• Fl
      6th of Feb, 2007

Dear all, LG maintains absolutely disrespecting and dishonoring their consumers. I'm sorry for use this space, but I'm Brazilian and i never ever seem any disrespecting customer service before, I bought a Tv Flatron by LG 1 year ago, unfortunately the equipment isn't working , I sent to technical authorized service to repair, past 10 days, they advised me, sorry, but we are still awaiting spare parts from LG, then I had contact direct the Lg here in Brazil as protocol number 4424763, and until now 30 days past), LG has not resolved my problem, the unbelievable, they even contact me to advise them my situation will be resolved, I have only information, sorry but we are analyzing your case, pls wait 20 days more...

I'm furious, because I can't talk or complain with any Manager, because we cannot find any phone number our reference to contact and explain this bad situation, the customer service told me that they are responsible, there are not any General manager responsible. It's better do not bu LG products at all!

• Ag
      16th of May, 2007

Same thing with their ACs too. I got a LG A.C fixed in April 2006. All I could get was one service call done and that too after 8 months of purchase.

L.G SUCKS BIG TIME.

-agni

14th of Sep, 2007

We made the MISTAKE of buying an LG refrigerator. What a piece of crap! It's now broken after 1 year, 4 months and 9 days. They don't stand behind their product and their consumer helpline is nonsense.

DO NOT BUY LG.

• Lo
      25th of Dec, 2007

I will never by LG again. I purchased an LG RC199H combo DVD/VCR recorder in 2006. Immediately after the warranty ran out I began having problems with the unit. It would not read the DVD discs. It would say no disc or cannot read disc. So like a dummy I bought a used unit, exact same model on ebay for 50 bucks. I thought maybe it was this one would work. It has the same problems. Player will not read disc or you need to reinsert the disc about 10 times to get it to work. After playing about 1/2 hour the thing freezes up. LG is JUNK. DO NOT BUY LG. If they make the rest of their products like this DVD player I don't want anything they make.LG IS JUNK JUNK JUNK.

• Bv
      31st of Dec, 2007

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I had purchased LG DVD Player in vasanth & Co in chennai by Novenber 2006.For the past one year it will be working smoothly.Now it will not be working even it is not open.For that what i have to do.Kindly help help me for the above issue.

27th of Apr, 2008

LG Products SUCK! I bought a HDD DVD recorder and it packed in after a couple of months. It was fixed but packed in again a few weeks later. It was fixed four more times and packed in within a day or two. It was clearly a LEMON but they wouldn't replace it. The repair shop told me that LG's policy is that they just keep repairing things until they run out of warranty and then basically tell you to get lost.
    I'll never buy an LG product again and nor will many of my friends after they saw what I went through.
    Expensive rubbish is dead right!

27th of Aug, 2008

Worst company to work with, bad work culture, customer handling and product.Will advice all Indians to say no to LG

• Th
      30th of Sep, 2008

I agree with many posters above!..LG dvd players are junk!, I got mine in Dec 2006 and now I'm having major playing problems with it just like another poster said, it won't load certain dvds at certain times!..saying no disc in player!, or 'can't read disc!'..STAY AWAY FROM LG PRODUCTS!.

• La
      13th of Oct, 2008

We purchased an LG Plasma TV and after a year the screen cracked on the inside. They do offer a 2 yr in home warranty on the item, but only if you have the original reciept. Who keeps the receipt for over a year when it was paid for with cash?? I registered the product after purchase, on the LG website, and that doesn't matter at all. They told me point blank without a receipt it's your baby, sorry. This has to be the worst customer service and warranty requirements I have ever seen. What's the point in registering your Products if it doesn't matter anyways? Stay clear of LG Products unless you want a headache and broken equipment!

• Je
      21st of Nov, 2008

LG RC199H DVD/VHS Combo a BAD unit. Quit working in 6 months. Drive door won't close with or without DVD making the whole unit useless! NEVER buy LG!

• Pj
      17th of Dec, 2008

LG products are terrible and their customer service is worse. My son's cell phone has broken 3 times in the last 11 months; every time we have to send it in, he loses all his contacts, etc. The last time, they refused to fix it! It's still within the warranty timeframe.
    NEVER buy LG!

24th of Apr, 2009

Dear LG Care,

I bought LG front loading Washing Machine on last month 31/03/09 on the day I got replacement for that product because which has manufacturing on 2007 3rd month and also that product with lot of damages and buttons are not working fine, white color paint had damaged on left a side. I have raised the complaint to customer care they told please contact Chennai manager Mr.Vijay.Ph:65510501.Last 15 days I am keep on trying this phone but phone was always ringing no body pick that phone. Still I didn't get any call or message from LG services. I never see this king of services and Product in my life. Very worst services LG provide into Chennai. The entire customer suffered on that. Nobody take responsibility to clear this problem. They are focusing only on selling the product which had manufactured on 2 years before.LG India please stop these kind of service and Product distributing to your customer and please give very good solution for my complaint. Please take immediate action against your service center

• Da
      26th of Apr, 2009

I just bought a DVD writer from LG and it was working beautifully, in college one of my friends had a LG writer and it stood him in good steed for 4 years, so on that premise i bought the writer, but 2 months into using it it started giving me trouble, i cannot get the damn thing to write a DVD now, it just does not work, i am so frustrated and i don't think i will ever use LG again, infact i just bought a godrej AC, works a lot better than an LG one ever would!

• Jr
      2nd of Aug, 2010

We purchased this product and had to send it back for service as it would not read dvd's -- now a year or so later it is doing the same thing and is out of warranty -- worst $300.00 ever spent -- very disappointed in LG and will now look to other manufacturers for replacing our electronics-- thought LG was a good product but found out different

• Qa
      13th of Dec, 2010

DVD Player Model DV8721P the Every CD gets stuk while same CD works in other plyers ok