Levitz Furniture / levitz lies to customers; doesn't deliver as promised

United States Review updated:

I ordered and paid in full for a Queen mattress set, bed frame and ottoman on 10/7/07 with a delivery date of 11/11/07. As of 11/23/07, I haven't received ANY of my merchandise. My ottoman does not even have a re-scheduled delivery date, my box springs and frame are scheduled for 12/1/07 and my mattress is scheduled for 1/6/08. Each time my delivery date gets close---Levitz pushes the date back and doesn't bother to call me...they only send an e-mail notification. Each time I call customer service or go into the store in person their standard response is: "There's nothing that CAN be done". I have asked for a refund in person at the store and from their customer service 800 number and have been told on several occasions that "due to Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, we cannot process refunds".

So, I have been sleeping on an air mattress since 11/11/07.

I might mention that even before they declared bankruptcy on 11/8/07, the customer service that I received from both my local store and the 800 number was VERY sub-standard. I was lied to on several occasions, hung up on, cold transferred to a wrong number and in general found a distinct lack of professionalism, empathy and basic customer service skills.

Please don't spend your money at Levitz Furniture, you most likely will wait months for your merchandise to be delivered and in the meantime...you cannot get a refund....AND on top of it...you are treated like dirt by theiremployees.

Beware--!

Comments

Jo
  12th of Dec, 2007
I am still so upset at the way that treated us at Levitzs they have the worst employees in the world rude. You walk in there okay there going brankrupt but the people who bought furniture and are never going to receive it are victims. Levitz at Staten Island Bruno the salesman sold my daughter furniture when he knew what was going to happen and also fraud with the waranty that he knew would not be covered . When we went to ask , at the store in Staten Island and Richmond Ave the man behind the desk rasied his hands to us Ronnie . I would have never went there had I first read all these horror stories. Not once did i hear sorry from any of them.
Ji
  27th of Feb, 2008
The employees weren't the problem. I know because I worked at Levitz in Brea. The problem was corporate. Corporate was always making demands on daily sales and yet was usually unwilling to let us sales employees wheel and deal, they were always pressuring us to sell the ### protection plans (or get fired if we didn't meet a certain quota), corporate never dealt with complaints like they should have (and left us sales reps holding the bag with no real power to get any help for our customers), and the deilvery company was always a nightmare. We didn't get paid on stuff till it was delivered and in the customer's homes, so whenever the delivery guys screwed up (and they always did), we not only didn't get paid on our sales, we also got pissed off customers coming for our blood. So if you're wondering why the employees were rude, it was because all the ### we had to put up with while working their - no one was ever on our side. Our customers were always looking for ways to get cheap furniture; maybe come up with complaints if there weren't any legit things to complain about (which was rare) to get a lower price, and our heads were always on the chopping blocks by the district managers who demanded miracles from us and yet never supported us when the ### hit the fan. One of the worst jobs I've ever had.

Sam Levitz Furniture Logo Sam Levitz Furniture