Lens.com / False warranty and rude service!

Rude and derogatory customer service. They do not respect legitimate complaints and do not follow their stated guarantee. "We also guarantee that all contact lenses will be delivered free of any manufacturer defects or we will replace them at no additional cost." I was rudely advised that something was wrong with my eye when I advised them of some defective lenses. My optometrist confirmed that my eyes were healthy and the lens.com supplied lenses were defective. They refused to provide a refund and I was told by their representative that in the 10 years of service she's given she's never heard of a partial packet of lenses being defective... they also didn't bother answering my initial email, so if you have a problem you'll need to call them for service.

Comments

• Mm
      10th of Jan, 2008
    Lens.com - Rude service!
    Lens.com
    www.Lens.com

On 11/17/2017, I ordered Toric lenses from LENS.COM - their website states great customer service. In MID DECEMBER, I called because I had not received the contacts or any e-mail or information on the status of my order. When I called, I was told that the Toric lenses take longer - understandable - but they should be done processing by the end of the week. Christmas went by - New Years went by - still no contacts. I called again the first week of JANUARY, and was told again that the Toric lenses take longer. I asked where on the website does it state that it can take up to 7 WEEKS for my order to be filled. I was told that I would be sent some information - I never received anything.

Today, I called AGAIN to check the status of my contacts (I've been wearing the same set for 9 weeks now), and was told the same thing...Toric lenses can take longer. When I asked the same question again - where on your website does it state that - I started receiving an ATTITUDE from the rep. I then asked when can I expect my lenses, why is it taking so long, and that I needed this information so I can make a judgment call on whether I was going to cancel my order and order from someone else, or just wait. She said that the lenses are non-refundable, and the order can not be canceled. That's when I wanted to verify with her that although the website touts GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, when things go wrong like my order, the customer just has to suffer. THEN, SHE SAID SHE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS AND HUNG UP ON ME MID-SENTENCE! I've NEVER had to deal with this type of company - and I never will do business with them again. I've followed everything that they requested, but got the run-around then hung up on. If you like to deal with problem, unprofessional companies, then LENS.COM is for you - otherwise, I suggest you order from someone else.

ps. After calling back and asking for a supervisor, I actually got someone who SAID she was going to check the delay and get my contacts out ASAP - we'll see about that. But she didn't seem surprised when I told her of the reps actions - I guess they are just 'used to it'.