Lens Crafters Santa Fe, New Mexico / error by lens crafters re: account

1 Santa Fe, NM, United States Review updated:
Phone: (505)438-6111

I purchased two sets of eyeglasses at the above business. Unbeknownst to me, they opened up a Lenscrafters Account and charged part of my purchase to the account.
Subsequently, they turned the bill over to GE Collections service, which was sending invoices to the wrong name and address. In addition, when my Social Security number is entered by GE, another person's name is shown. I am having trouble clearing up my credit history and am greatly concerned that my social security number has been compromised.
Please help with any suggestions for resolution.
Christine Naranjo cnaranjo@windstream.net

Comments

• Ga
      24th of Mar, 2009

I wholeheartedly agree--Lenscrafters has gone downhill--way downhill in the past few years. Here is my experience in Albuquerque, NM.

My husband ordered glasses 3 weeks ago which never came in. Whenever we called to inquire about them, we were told "Oh, they sent two left lenses, they sent the wrong lenses", and on and on. So, today we went to get our money back. The person who waited on us, a "supervisor", was pathetic. She offered no apology or explanation for the poor service. Instead, in her attempt to come off as "authoritative and in charge", she came off as rude, uneducated about proper customer service and down right snotty.

It did come to mind that perhaps this woman's I am superior to you, nasty demeanor was an attempt to cover up some shortcomings such as maybe she just isn't "supervisor" material at all, and maybe she should not be employed in the customer service sector.