Lens Crafters / my mother treated badly

Len Crafters
I gave a gift certificate to my elderly mother for Chrstmas. She as many othera live on a strict income. the $500.00
was to cover exam and the glasses of her choice. Apparently she had lost the certificate. She called and told me she had done something wrong, as many elderly people tend to feel in this society. The elderly are usually not treated with kind hands. I said mom give the phone to the tech, he boldly told me that she HAD TO HAVE THE CERTFICATE. Well when it comes to my mother watch out for me.
I told the soon to be reported to a higher authority tech, that he had better look in the gift book, look at her receipt and give her the kindest care or else. He tried to back me done but got an ear full. This happened just a half hour ago. while searching the district office of LENS CRAFTERS, I saw this site.
Presently she is on her way home (1 and a 1/2 hr drive) as they closed early. By the way she is not able to drive and my loving 17 year old nephew is taking her home. She feels she did something wrong. Not finished with this issue.

A  9th of Mar, 2009 by
A disgusting company to be sure .
They scam folks, The employees are depressed or
criminal when you complain about the service after you have paid they
look at you as if you are the person that made a mistake, they are right
my mistake was going to LensCrafters in the first place.
D  9th of May, 2009 by
I do feel for your mother, but no company just randomly replaces lost gift certificates. They are to be used as cash for services rendered. If they did replace them that way..imagine how many others would be "losing" them.
N  25th of May, 2009 by
The company is not disgusting and trying to win a Vocal "fist fight" over the phone isn't civil. If your mother needed more attention because "you" didnt think she might not have been helped with "kind hands" maybe you should have accompanied her? As for the gift certificates, if one was lost im sure if you had talked to a Manager not a "tech" you could have been helped in a more proficent way. (In NO way am I saying technicians, lab or doctors office , do not offer great customer service to our patients/customers)

LensCrafters Logo LensCrafters