Leads By Web / Terrible Web designers

1 651 Holiday Dr suite 300 Pittsburgh, PA 15220, Pittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:

Our company was contacted by Shaina a sales rep at the Pittsburgh office of web.com. Since their office was located in Foster Plaza 5 minutes from my home I agreed to meet with the company. During the meeting the representatives told me how their company was an expert at designing Google friendly websites and driving customer traffic to the website. After listening to and falling for their line off bull Ship, I signed up. My understanding was that Web.com had worked with other replacement window companies like mine and were experts. I signed up on Feb. 12, 2014 and handed a check over for 1, 295.00 to build the website. I told the sales people what I wanted to see on the website. We were contacted in early march by Kathryn Perez who worked in their Florida office. She forwarded a e-mail that had a link to the website they custom built for our company. What a joke! I knew we were in trouble the minute I saw the site. The site may have been Google friendly but getting customers to call and buy replacement windows was another matter. We received only 1 call from a customer looking to buy a door. The other 2 calls were for repairs, a service we do not offer, and one call from Jason Zombeck, the manager of the newly opened Web.com Pittsburgh branch wanting to know why we cancelled our service shortly after starting it. Business owners stay away from these guys unless you have thousands of dollars to waste on useless advertising. There are over 500 complaints on file with the Better Business Bureau. Many are for automatic billing for their services. Web.com is just as bad as all the other local companies selling Google Ad words Internet advertising. We got over 80 people who saw the website but only one call from a potential customer. When I suggested changes I wanted to make to Kathryn Perez I was told to leave the site as is. Web.com is your typical company who over promise and under delivers. This mistake cost our company 2, 400.00 and Web.com has refused to refund any money. Stay away from them!!!

Wi
Apr 2, 2014

Comments

• M9
      1st of Jun, 2015

I came across this and I have to say, from what I am reading you cancelled the service right after starting. It sounds like the program was never given a chance to work. I can tell you that over 80% of the lead programs like you purchased stay with Web. They take a few months to get up and going due to SEO efforts. It is not a miracle overnight solution, but a long term solution. It sounds like they let you cancel your program, which most other companies would not, so be thankful for that. I just do not see how you can bash a company when you did not allow any amount of time for the program to work. It's like me buying a window from you because it is supposed to make my energy bill go down and I make you come get it after you installed it less than a month ago because my bill didn't go down on my newest statement. Lastly the over 500 complaints you speak of are not the division you were working with. These complaints are from DIY services, and cheaper products just to get online. The complaints are from people that think they should be getting 50 calls a month for 79.00. Everyone would own a business if it was that easy.

• Cy
      13th of Jun, 2017

It sounds like WIndowsexpert is not a marketing expert and is unable to allow the company he hired to manage the marketing for his business actually manage the marketing for his business. Marketing doesn't happen overnight, it is an investment in your business that takes at least a little bit of time and patience to develop. Choosing a capable partner is just the first step.