Lazada.com.ph / tolerating fraud credit card transactions

1 Philippines Review updated:

My sister received a text message from her issuing bank that her supplementary credit card which is under my name was used in a transaction at Lazada.com.ph amounting to Php21, 000.00 last April 8, 2017. But the problem is, neither of us made any transaction that day. So she called Lazada the same day and reported that her credit card was used in a fraud transaction so she asked for the details of the said transaction but the customer service asked her for the order details. But how could she give the order details if she didn't made that purchase online. Then, she was told that they cannot give any details to her and she needs to contact her issuing bank to file a dispute and if proven that this is a fraud transaction, Lazada will return the money to her. So it simply means that the reported fraud transaction will still be delivered to the "hacker" who made that purchase . This is a very clear proof that Lazada is tolerating fraud transactions . We were expecting that they should've atleast hold that transaction since there was a reported fraud claim but they didn't. Lazada should protect and help those victims of fraudulent transactions. I hope that they will resolve this issue and the amount debited from my sister's credit card will be refunded to her the soonest.

• Updated by Mildred P., Apr 18, 2017

No. Lazada did not provide the hacker's information. As per the issuing bank policy, if the merchant did not claim the amount within 14 days from the date of transaction, then they will reverse the transaction. Currently the transaction amount is still on hold. My sister will check the status again with her bank by the end of this week.

Mi
Apr 9, 2017

Comments

• Gi
      18th of Apr, 2017

what did ur bank do then? have you tracked down the hacker's name and address?

17th of May, 2017

recently, my mom had to go the same ordeal. 3 different transactions were made against her credit card she had in her possession obviously. she has sent them an email and have received a response asking for a screenshot of the bank statement where it reflects purchases were made. she has also told the bank BDO about this and was told they will carry out an investigation that would normally take up two months for any refunds to be made which is disgusting. the purchase was done on the 9th of May, as per their website, if its non manila which is the case, they will deliver within 5 to 12 days. so having said this, they can track this fraudulent activity if they want and catch the culprit red handed instead of delaying it, for the person to get the items which the actual card owner suffers. but my name concern is the fact that as per their website, after an online purchase, they are meant to carry out a verification procedure which I would assume would be through a telephone call, how could this one get through except if the actual culprit knows personal details that only the card holder would know.

• Ro
      5th of Mar, 2018

@Jo Bo Same issue as me and grabe 71, 999 ung naggamit sa card ko until now di nila
    nareresolved

• St
      5th of Jul, 2018

@Jo Bo I think internal na. kasi sobrang layo para ma hack ka ng iba lalo sa card mo. kasi ako kaka-hack lang din sa card ko, hindi sila tumitigil umorder hanggat hindi nauubos yung laman ng account mo. tumawag na ako sa Lazada binigyan nila ako ng 1-2 days para balikan ako sa nirereklamo ko, hanggang ngayon walang feedback, then nung tumawag ako ulit hinold lang ako ng CSR nila at hindi niya ata namalayan na nawala yung "on-hold" niya sa akin, narinig ko nag kukuwentuhan lang sila!! grabe!!! tapos nawala na yung line. twice nila ako binabaan.

• Al
      9th of Sep, 2017

Nahanap nyo po ba ung hacker?

• Ka
      3rd of Oct, 2017

My case is somehow the same. The account of my Mom (BDO) was used to order a certain product, but the name appearing is my name, and as far as i know, i did not order anything, in the first place I don't know any of my mothers bank info. I am contacting lazada now, Please if you know any solutions. please help.

• Ar
      1st of Jul, 2018

this is a same case with my father's credit card under metrobank, problem is ayaw nilang e-reverse na kasi merchandise were already receive by the consignee which is my father pero wala naman po syang inorder at ang laki ng amount P112, 595 for 5 units ng vivo phones grabe sila!

• Se
      20th of Aug, 2018

@arabert i think wala na sa Lazada tu.. the question should be what did your banks do? what were the processed you've gone thru? was it returned by the bank?

10th of Jan, 2019

@arabert Hi, pwde kong malaman kung nireverse ba nila ung amount? Same thing happen to my credit card. Lazada ph din ang merchant pero hindi ako ang nagpurchase :(((

• Gg
      10th of Sep, 2018

Same thing happened to me, the hackers did 2 transactions on my account(BDO). I've called LAZADA and they said they'll send me an email but haven't received any. Been to the bank filed a dispute complaint and then they told me cynically to wait for 30 banking days! My god!

• Do
      11th of Oct, 2018

i have this problem now. ngayon ang problema ko is ang sabi ng bank ko w/c is BPI dumaan daw sa tamang online authentication ang order so hindi daw nila marereverse. yung lazada daw habulin ko.

anyone here na nakahabol sa lazada with the same problem? paano po ang gagawin?

2nd of Dec, 2018

@DongP Hi same tayo ng issue kay BPI at LAZADA, sa nagyun ng hahanap pa rin ako ng pwede makatulong. It’s unfair tayo ang mag sa suffer sa problema ng security ni BPI.

• La
      13th of Dec, 2018

Same thing happened to me. Someone used my credit card to order at Lazada last Oct. Accdg to Lazada, they will investigate. And the only info they gave me is that the item bought was non-digital and they are still finding the email add used to purchase the item. Then they closed the report stating it was resolved.
    My bank does not want to reverse the amount for the reason that I have the physical card. They said that since I have the card and it undergone the online verification, they assume that I made the transaction. It's unfair. I didnt even get an OTP.

• Mi
      15th of Dec, 2018

Anyone here na nangyare to with unionbank and lazada?

27th of Dec, 2018

This has to stop. Same thing happen to me. BPI and lazada! So did you do guys? Every month na cha charge? Did you pay ???:( its so unfair! Mine happened oct 22, 2018- up to now wala pang result!

28th of Dec, 2018

@Jan Dungo One time payment

28th of Dec, 2018

Same here mine happened last november sadly hindi nila nareresolve. Sabi nila nareversed na nila ung transaction amount nag bigay din sila ng date kung kailan then nung nag hahanap ako mg proof wala sila mabigay instead binigyan nila ako ulit ng panibagong case number. Tapos hindi nila masagot kung naideliver ba dun sa nag order... akala ko nung una may pag asang masolve kasi nireport ko right away pero wala padin hanggang now. Kailangan ko bayaran ung amount na hindi ko naman pinakinabangan napaka unfair talaga.

• Zi
      14th of Jan, 2019

@Janine Bacani Hi janine,

Same case here with my friend...may i know panu niu na contact lazda? Me number ba sila or pede puntahan sa mismong office?

2nd of Jan, 2019

Hi, same thung happened to my cc account. Hindi ba nag provide si Lazada ng details kung kanino mapupunta un item na di naman ikaw mismo un nag order. If in the first place alam nila kung san patungo un :( Grabe mag kakasunod un purchases sakin this December na di naman ako un gumamit.. Nagbabayad nalang para sa iba. Ang solusyon nalang na al ko is to request for new account para di na lumobo pa un babayaran