Laura Ashley / poor product

England, Surrey, United Kingdom Review updated:

About 3 months ago I puchased 2 Bluma Pendants from Laura Ashley, £175 each. Each pendant holds 3 bulbs. Both pendants had to be changed twice because at least one bulb was not working in each pendant. Each time costing me the price of an electrician returning. I have had them a couple of months and I noticed that one bulb was out in one of them. I changed the bulb but it seems to be the same fault. The bulb is not making full contact with it's casing. I have emailed Laura Ashley twice and telephoned twice. I am still waiting for someone to respond. Great customer service. If I can avoid it, I shall not purchase anything from them again. At least not anything electrical.

Comments

• Di
      17th of Jan, 2012

I have also purchased a ight from Laura Ashley which is off terrible quality, I purchased online after seeing it lit high in the showroom celing, it wa £275.00 and in the sale £192.00, I assumed for this money the parts to the light would be good quality metal and glass / crystal but the metal was cheap and poor quality and the droplets made from plastic, it was ok when on but looked awful when off as you looked up the stairs, it looked more like it had been purchased from a pound shop than the supposed pertigious Laura Ashley . I called them but they were very unhelpful and refused a refund, i have contacted Consumer Direct who have told me my clear rights . I get a seven day cooling off period from the date the goods arrived and even if the light has been hung it can still be returned. I have been waiting for someone at Laura Ashley to return my calls . Meanwhile I have had to send a recorded delivery letter to try and get a refund. I worked for Laura Ashley for many years and we did pride ourselves on fantastic quality and great customer service but clearly those days are gone.
    I think I am most angry that Laura Ashley had the cheeck to charge this alarming abount of money for a load of plastic ... the light must have cost all of five pound to make and now I am in an argument to get back the money paid out . I will never use Laura Ashley again as I have lost all trust in them now.